Father Son 75 CB200T Rise From the Ruins

JSJamboree said:
You will need an impact screwdriver, and dont get one from harbor freight. They dont work very well and the bits arnt as strong as they should be, ive twisted multiple phillips bits. You will use it alot so get a good one.
Totally agree this one we are using feels like a couple of pounds. My neighbor Dave has a Matco tool truck...as we say its all good in the hood.

One of the things that didn't work. In Texas we call the a Tall Texan ridin a short pony. Dragging her down the driveway didn't unseize the motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,639
Did you try putting anything in the cylinders? I usually put a little marvel mystery oil in each cylinder and let that sit for a day, then rock it back and forth. Unless they are fused that should unstick them.

Yeah... What he said ^^^^^

I like Kerosene personally, but whatever works. And to unstick the pistons you want to GENTLY rack the bike back and forth. Pushing it with force down the drive way can cause all kinds of damage if things don't separate cleanly.

JSJamboree said:
Did you try putting anything in the cylinders? I usually put a little marvel mystery oil in each cylinder and let that sit for a day, then rock it back and forth. Unless they are fused that should unstick them.

We used 12 quarts of Marvel Mystery Oil and 7 gallons of diesel pumped through her like life support for two weeks. Shoot the lady at Wallyworld wanted to know if she needed to order anymore. About a hundred bucks worth. We figured she wanted to be a Cafe Racer so we hooked her up to some Coke Zero. We played Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, nothing would woo her jugs! WE know she is hard to get but please? I have told my sons that if a lady carries a little dog in her purse to RUN! Thank God we didn't find a little yappy furry thing. We figure she is a brunette cause she doesn't like to be road hard and put up wet. We finally pulled our piston jug extractor and had a good session with her for about 2 days like ZZ Top at La Grange. She is a simple gal for the piston jug extractor cost us about 3 bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.PNG
    IMG_2404.PNG
    316.9 KB · Views: 1,567
Re: Re: Father Son 75 CB200T Rise From the Ruins

Texasstar said:
We used 12 quarts of Marvel Mystery Oil and 7 gallons of diesel pumped through her like life support for two weeks. Shoot the lady at Wallyworld wanted to know if she needed to order anymore. About a hundred bucks worth. We figured she wanted to be a Cafe Racer so we hooked her up to some Coke Zero. We played Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, nothing would woo her jugs! WE know she is hard to get but please? I have told my sons that if a lady carries a little dog in her purse to RUN! Thank God we didn't find a little yappy furry thing. We figure she is a brunette cause she doesn't like to be road hard and put up wet. We finally pulled our piston jug extractor and had a good session with her for about 2 days like ZZ Top at La Grange. She is a simple gal for the piston jug extractor cost us about 3 bucks.

I'm in just for the jokes. Hopefully you get it running, too.

Re: Re: Father Son 75 CB200T Rise From the Ruins

Rich Ard said:
I'm in just for the jokes. Hopefully you get it running, too.
Thanks Rich if you ever ride through Texas watch out for west Texas roads for they are like a skinny blonde...they will leave you with a blank stare. Keep your fingers crossed for us we are having a blast! We have been pushing her up and down the street! Below is a picture of our extraction tool! Cheers and thanks for the follow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 365
Looks to me like it was the right tool for the job. Fingers crossed.

Just want you to know that we WILL get her running come hell or highwater. We have to make Uncle Pete proud! Do any of you know what uncle Pete was involved with back in the 50's?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 347
We also have to make my sister proud. Interesting riddle we are the same age but born 8 days apart. We ride the same bikes and they were also born the same year and month. Aunt Beth is a ton and 2/3 err. She one day decided to see how fast her cosworth tuned Super 3 would go just like Uncle Pete Dalio it is in our DNA. How fast did she go? 163mph which is 5 mph faster that the posted top speed for our bikes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,679
Do NOT cut the timing chain on the cb200 even if you assume the manual is right. There is no master link on the cb200. Unbolt the cam sprocket and remove the cam. If you cut it like I did no worries you can order a heavy duty tsubaki. You can download the SHOP manuals from
http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13564&p=162610#p162610

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 363
Texasstar said:
There is no master link on the cb200.

Maybe not on yours...I have been inside a CB200 with a master link cam chain.

Rich Ard said:
Maybe not on yours...I have been inside a CB200 with a master link cam chain.
Thanks for the info maybe that explains why in Europe you can buy a Masterlink for a cb200 cam chain master link?

We have been learning all the history behind the cafe racer scene both in Europe and the vintage racing scene here in the good ole USA. Motobits sent us two amazing links
http://www.batemanracing.com/
http://groupwracing.com/

So has anybody figured out who our Uncle Pete is and his place in motorcycle infamy? below is a picture of Jack the top tuner in Uncle Pete's shop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,629
Back
Top Bottom