Not a country cruiser, more a city bruiser

The Hard Tail arrived today. much as it showed it to be in the piccies. Pretty simple yet looks the goods. will now be arranging some space in the man cave for works to begin.

Hobes said:
it is a project to keep me busy and keep my sanity from going out the window. Stress relief...

Stress relief :eek: ah haha lol ;D

Great project Hobes ;) I'm looking forward to checking out your progress and I must say great attitude too ;D There has always been amazing knowledge and support from members on this site for those willing to hear a little constructive criticism and advice ;) way to take it on board .... cheers andy.....

Shock Horror

Last week i took a Trumpy Hardtail for a bit of a ride( down to Wollongong) before the weather decided to take a nasty turn here in Sydney. As much as i love the look of these beasts, it has shown me that they are called that for a reason. HARD is definitely what they are, even with the sprung seat. The biggest thing i found was the constant feeling of wanting to re-align myself on the seat, the feeling of rear wheel skip, if that's the right terminology. The lack of control felt when cornering, maybe that has something to do with the bike itself, i don't know. But, i have had a re-think on the whole project. I still have the Hard tail kit for future, but as it stands now, i think i will do a soft tail version. Maybe bob tail it, single seat and custom rear end.

OK, so call me a woose, but i think at my age, i might want to look after what kidneys i have left. Not to mention my vertebrae.....

Just an update, finally got the thing home and started to strip off the things I wont be using.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    809.1 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 242
another view

after reading thru this forum and looking at other bikes, I have decided to keep the soft tail, but use shorter shockers. bob tail it to a single seat, get rid of all the plastic crapola, use a more round tank, custom guards, have a skull theme with the blinkers and tail light assy, 4 into 4 drag pipes, wrapped in black and a red and black colour scheme. easy on the chrome bling, way too much polishing for my likings.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 249
Back
Top Bottom