cm400 first time build.

If it runs great,don,t mess with anything. The exhaust sounds are normal,you just have to ride it a lil.

Yeah it runs good can't complain it has to plenty of power for a 400 just gotta do some small stuff on it yet a longer clutch cable would be nice lol

Gonna take the bike for a nice run this weekend with a few friends so I'll get to see how she holds up. I've only ridden it to work and back so I haven't rode it very far trying to get all the dort out of the tank I've drained the float bowls a few times and cleaned the filter out just as many. It finally seems like the little bit of rust that was in it is gone hopefully I've been running premium in it to clean it out for it being hard tailed and the seat springs beating very small it rides fairly smooth the springs are pretty much just to hold the seat in place lol I'm not worried about it tho I'm still young so it won't kill me yet. I'm still deciding a few things on the bike like different marker lights and mirrors to get rid of all the stock 80s crap lol . Also have to replace my tail light if I ride at night u can't see the plate so its gotta go can't afford to get pulled over for multiple reason so a brighter light will be needed.

I also finally came up with a name for the bike after riding it longer then normal it is called the gut grinder for a few reasons lol.

Had a little misshap I used a putty to seal my welds when I pulled the Honda emblem off apperently when I sanded the putty down I sanded it just a bit to much and it started to speak through the side so I had to cut it all off and re do it all and sand it smooth the bike will no longer be blue since im out of paint. And done care to buy more lol so its going green metallic for now

]Here's my new paint it is ridiculously metallic its actually rough to the touch cuz of how much metallic is in it lol but it looks awesome I also re did the valve cover and carb tops graphite can't wait to put it together

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/reaperof_evil6662000/
IMG_20130511_132151_331_zpsfbe5ac9f.jpg

IMG_20130511_132157_623_zps73147ead.jpg

What do yas think better? I really had no choice in the matter with the tank leaking gas and I didn't have any blue left. I'm gonna change the yellow cables to red.

IMG_20130511_141617_856_zps4c266fb3.jpg

Added some super bright led strips for added safety wired into the brake lights nice custom touch. Looks good since my cheap eBay tail light isn't bright enough so that will do the job

IMG_20130511_190826_886_zps50cba3be.jpg

IMG_20130511_190836_455_zpsd9ae84b6.jpg

Scored a cm450 for 140 delivered gonna Bob it out for my gf so she can ride with me and since I only have 1 seat lol I was going to put the motor in mine but I really don't feel like doing that lmao. I'm not sure what this build will consist of since I'm pretty much gonna have her tell me how to build it this might get interesting lol.

I like the paint, and those brake lights are pretty cool, I re read your post, and I cut my exhaust just before the factory H pipe, I went to Canadian tire and bought 2 straight pipes and U clamped them on, bought a set of pods off ebay, I have only taken it around the parking lot. I didnt do anything with the carbs and she seemed alright. I wasnt out of first though.

Are you going to make the 450 a hard tail.. OPHIR4U on ebay has alot of shocks I got these one and only had to drill out the factory metal ring. I drilled 5 holes around it and pushed it out. I left the remaining rubber in and forced it on the shock stud.
Overall nice build, cant wait to see the 450.

Attachments

• mS0m4CPmd7q4Uc_PS5dwIdA.jpg
    mS0m4CPmd7q4Uc_PS5dwIdA.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 582
Thanks I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the 450 yet its gonna be for my gf so gotta make it safe and comfortable I didn't do much exhaust wise with mine just elbows on the crossover didn't re jet or anything fancy and it runs great plenty of power and does 80 no problem. Still gotta find a longer clutch cable but its good for now. I gotta get the 450 back to my garage to mess with it more and start cleaning it up. I may look into them shocks maybe even for mine. I'd like to stretch it a bit and put an actual hard tail on it.

My damn gas tank keeps deciding it was to leak fuel out the side where I welded the holes on the side from when I pulled the tabs off dkr the Honda emblem so it looks like I'll have to sand my tank again and fix it right this time I tried a gas tank putty and once it was dry sanded it down and painted over it and its starting to seep out so gotta fix it.

No I got the led taillight from eBay for 25 bucks and the wires actually plugged right into the factor wiring like the stock tail light with no modification at all just plugged it in and went. The strip LEDs on the sissy bar I just cut and stripped the wire and stuck it through the plugs for the brake light and out the plug together been like that for awhile no issues. My boss at work is an incredible fabricator and welder so I think I'm gonna see if he can bend up a weld on hard tail for my bike. Any other questions feel free to ask I won't hide any secrets and will be glad to help in any way. The funny thing about my tank my girlfriend painted it for me I painted my girlfriend tank for her 450 she make it look like a zebra with sparkles well before you face palm it turned out pretty bad ass lol.

IMG_20130520_212257_960_zps49a6c522.jpg

Very creative, and thanks for the info and advice. I wish I had a welder either arc or mig, I haven't used one in a couple years but i'm sure it's like riding a bike. I got these from a friend who had to put lights on his dirt bike and these were left over and free, Thanks Donny, Im going to run one for the constant and other to the brakes.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 216
I used a cheap harbor freight welder for everything it works amazing for the price and the welds are strong I can't complain one bit. I think with my brake lights I'm gonna get another strip of leds even Walmart has em now for 15 bucks I got mine from advanced auto I'm gonna put a set up higher and put them on just the regular light so they turn off when I hit the brakes

Had a close call today almost lost the bike. My street flooded the damn sewer drain got blocked by leaves and filled the street with a foot of water. Luckily I have a jeep with a winch I winched the sewer drain out of the road so the water can go down lol should have seen the look on the cops face when I hooked the winch to it lol I'm gonna send the burea a bill for my services lol since it took them an hour to show up. Had about 3 inches in the basement luckily the bike only had the water a little bit under the motor so its good.

Back
Top Bottom