Mekanized Mayhem the inevitable start of the inevitable end

I went to burn some plates yesterday and I'm pretty sure my y axis stepper motor just died. Between the cnc issue and getting the Bonham truck ready for the Vegas to Reno race, I really hope I have time to get this bike rolling soon.

IMAG0336_zps8c8ab7eb.jpg
hy don't I get shit don't on my bike? Because I work 15hrs a day and spend 2.5hrs on shit like this haha. Coolant untion bracket for Brian's race truck.

I got all my fittings for my tank though. Maybe have time this weekend...

pesmrealistic said:
Just picked up a 5 speed 400 engine. I had planned to just sell the bike when it's done but I think now I'm going to keep it. I think I want the extra power of the 5 speed and the idea of a suicide shift is making me pretty happy.

Thanks for the kind words from some and the drama from others. Either one is fun at this point.

Hey man, I picked up a 78' cb400t about a week ago, got it running, and found that it has bad rod end bearings.. fml :mad: It's up on ksl now... Hah. Anyways, if you're switching out that hondamatic with the 5-speed motor, than I'd be happy to take the ho-matic off your hands :D Let me know

pesmrealistic said:
IMAG0336_zps8c8ab7eb.jpg

Why don't I get shit done on my bike? Because I work 15hrs a day and spend 2.5hrs on shit like this haha. Coolant union bracket for Brian's race truck.

I got all my fittings for my tank though. Maybe have time this weekend...

Those welds don't look strong enough to hold coolant hoses together.. Penetrate deeper next time. ;)

I don't see enough of this idea, and it's been haunting me. Rear shocks beats a hardtail by far in comfortability. But A really good look to me is that rear fender right up on the tire. If it were mounted 100% with the swingarm it could move with it. Just an idea.

Revis said:
I don't see enough of this idea, and it's been haunting me. Rear shocks beats a hardtail by far in comfortability. But A really good look to me is that rear fender right up on the tire. If it were mounted 100% with the swingarm it could move with it. Just an idea.

I am planning on doing this in my build. I just need to find a 35-36 food spare tire ring

I thought about that but I really like the look of the seat on the rear fender instead of floating around in the air. I don't mind a little gap on the fender to tire as long as the radiu match up. It was one or the other with this build or a hard tail and to be honest with a jockey shifter it will be fun enough to ride. I'm on my feet all day and when I finally sit down I don't want it to be on a hardtail. I guess my lifestyle hasn't given me the calloused ass needed to be truly legit.

I still have to change that seat pan and make the actual fender mounts but at least I got something done between my two jobs. I might just rat this thing together without paint for a while so I can finally finish my truck. So many damn projects...

She did get a name though. A lady friend helped me decide on Lacey. Not sure on spelling. Maybe Lacie,lacee, or lacy. ShOuld go well with the paint and seat design.

Back
Top Bottom