Sure, why not? Seventy something Honda 450 something, something, something...

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
Ok, the R5 is just about wrapped up and apparently I love torturing myself, so here we go again.

IMG_20130613_192339.jpg

What you see there is some of a 1973 Honda CB450. Rolling chassis, and the blue box in the back which contains a properlyblown up engine. All of this comes courtesy of a stupid good deal passed my way by our own Platkeyboy (Ben). Rad dude that I'm glad to have met.

Anyhow, the plan as of now is to combine the good bits from that haul and the good bits from another motor and a half Brad had left over from his most recent hatefuck of some Hondas.

Desired end result? No idea really. I do know it won't be a tracker (that's the R5) or a cafe (likely what the T250 I REALLY REALLY need to get from DJs house in Clevo will be). Maybe a full on chop. Maybe a simple bobber. We'll just play it by ear.

So to summarize, so far I have:

2.5 busted up motors.
2 frames.
1 kick ass XS400 "square" tank that L4NE4 traded me for some parts.
1 o.g. Hooker 2-1 header.
1 Pamco unit I got for a steal from DTTer lstuckey.

Not sure about wheels yet. May fit up a neat old 78 XL350 21" front hoop I've had waiting for the right bike for years and a matching alloy 18" hoop on the stock drum out back. Or maybe I'll use something else. Not sure.

I want low, quick and light. Its a 450 so its not a rocket. I know that, but put it on a diet and make it handle... Good times will happen.

So yeah. Welcome to another build thread where I stumble around in a dark room grabbing random shit and trying to make it stick together. Grab a beer, or ten. This will take awhile.

Right on. Also, let me know when you're going to DJs house, I would like an excuse to head over there.

Nice, you got one bike almost finished and a second one started without selling the first, I'm impressed LOL. Signed up to watch the mayhem. ;D

Thanks guys. Wont be too much happening in here for a bit, but once the R5 is done I should be able to kick this into gear.

I've got some top end parts and other bits and bobbles if you need them.

You know I'm on board.

Flugtechnik said:
I've got some top end parts and other bits and bobbles if you need them.

You know I'm on board.

These motors I'm using are pretty busted up. Ill take whatever bits and pieces I can get. PM me a price Mike, and we'll get it knocked out.

john83 said:
I like the direction your headed.

What direction is that? Seriously, I have no idea. Haha...

In all honesty, I have a pretty good idea of where this will end up. Simple and clean is all I want. No fancy parts, no big money stuff, no b.s. Just a fun, reliable bike with some attitude. Lots of black paint and recycled parts.

Well... Looks like the bike will be running some XS650 mags. 16" rear and 19" front. Should be cool.

Back
Top Bottom