new owner wanting some advice pls.

G

goodas40

Hi All, im Dave from Widnes in Cheshire uk. I have recently aquired a 63 plate Ace 125 off Shakey456 on here. Really loving owning this little bike and its had all the usual exhaust (skyteam chrome), jetting and egr removal etc. It goes well enough for what it is. I think the cush drive bushes have deteriorated as when you take up the drive it shunts quite badly and i believe its a common fault (although its only got 2000k on it). Can anyone tell me how they got there bushes out of the hub without damaging the wheel, are the new ones pressed back in and does anyone have a good link or part number for quality replacements? Many thanks in advance Dave

You could start by looking at micks bike parts, others have posted about them on here. Perhaps someone can confirm whether they were good to deal with and that the parts were right and genuine.

Part numbers below as you may find a local dealer has them.

https://www.micksbikeparts.com/about/who-we-are.aspx

Cush Drive Bushes (x 4) Honda Genuine Part 41241-222-000
https://www.micksbikeparts.com/part-number/41241222000

Cush Drive Bolts (x 4) Honda Genuine Part 90128-KE2-940
https://www.micksbikeparts.com/part-number/90128KE2940

Hi Dave,

I'm one of the Ace owner's who has suffered from persistent Cush drive problems and after replacing them with Skyteam / Non OE parts (OOracing) bushes, I went to the Honda OE options and totally recommend this route - although they are more expensive, the quality difference means that you shouldn't suffer further problems. It was me who recommended Micksbikeparts (from Ireland) as they seem to be the cheapest source of OE Honda parts. With regard to their extraction, they should be push fit, although you may have to chisel the old ones out! - Be careful as the housing is quite fragile. - Good luck! - Check the spoke tension as well as this is another potential source of weakness if you have a larger frame (ie Fat bas***d)

Hi Herbert, after reading this.... Check the spoke tension as well as this is another potential source of weakness if you have a larger frame (ie Fat bas***d)

I now know why I don't seem to have any spoke trouble,
I hardly cast a shadow.

Thanks guys, ill go down the Honda route I think. Herbert, when you say push fit into the hub, do you mean press fit in as in vice and socket or do they push in by hand? Many thanks Dave.

Hi Dave,

Once you have extracted the old bushes, hopefully without damaging the hub itself, the replacement bushes should gently push in, either by hand, or with the help of a soft hammer. Using the OE Honda bushes and bolts, it is interesting to note that the OE Honda cush drive bolts are approximately 4mm longer than the skyteam items, so they transfer the load across the entire length of the bush rather than 3/4 of it's length. One reason why they last longer than the crappy Skyteam versions!
[pic][/pic]

Tad - You've got me worried now! Whilst not being a lightweight like yourself, I'm only 16 stone / 6" 3" - Mind you, my mate reckons that I look like Great Dane humping a Chihuahua whilst riding the Ace!
[pic][/pic]

My local spannerman swapped out the bushes for me.

His approach was to cut the centre bit (somehow) then burn out the rubber before splitting the outer section.

Less chance of damaging the hub that way

Back
Top Bottom