'79 CB750 K

In the cylinder head section...part number 6. I saw them in the 1982 F model as well.

I am pretty sure they are oil deflectors. So the oil that goes to the cam shaft doesn’t just go down the center hole to the case but instead keeps oil in to lube the cam shafts.

I think I remember too that the valve cover could rest on them, or at least it was close.

40 year old rubber bits....

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 323
Hmm, tricky part to track down. I think mine must have disintegrated or been removed at some point in the bike's chequered past - I'll see if I can find some somewhere. Also - do you have part 5 (as listed on the partzilla fiche) - oil deflector plates?

Part 5 is labeled as ‘camshaft holders’ as seen in the picture below from the Honda shop manual. But they are actually called ‘oil stopper plate’ in my parts list.
You can see them in my cylinder head pic.

Part 6 are called ‘oil pool caps’ in the picture but oil stopper caps in the parts list.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 424
Rebuilt the forks today.

Freshly painted lowers, ‘new old’ fork tubes from a motorcycle wreckers, new springs, Honda seals, new metal securing clip for the seals (as they always seem to be rusty), 10W fork oil.

I like shiny parts!

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 294
Does anyone recognize this oil cooler?
It would be nice to have on the bike, as the bikes can run hot.

It was on my bike when I got it, and it seems to be aftermarket. It attaches to the oil filter housing. The rubber hoses are shot and the hose clamps were scary.

It would be nice to run some stainless steel lines. Which I will need to figure out attachments for.

I just wonder if the oil pump/oil pressure system is capable for handling it? Anyone had some experience adding an oil cooler to a bike that wasn’t built for one?

There is the option of adding an oil pump, oil pan from a 900 or 1100 DOHC, but apparently the oil pump gasket is no where to be found.

Attachments

• IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 266
you can get oil pump gaskets from honda or ebay i even have some hanging on my wall same with pan gaskets

Back
Top Bottom