76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, If you didnt like the red engine...LOL

frogman said:
Get er done! looks good buddy.;D

God i hope the weather's nice tomorrow i want to take mine for rip around the block. Frikken rain.:mad:

Thanks Frogmaster Flash. & good luck w that rain.

Re: 76 CB360, If you didnt like the red engine...LOL

Is there a reason why you are using epoxy? Blast it, clean it, spray it with VHT (your color of choice), clear it and be done with it!

Maybe it's the weather where you are at? Maybe it's the curse of the chinese british bucket? ;D

Re: 76 CB360, tidy up some odds and ends for spring.

AzHonda said:
Is there a reason why you are using epoxy? Blast it, clean it, spray it with VHT (your color of choice), clear it and be done with it!

Maybe it's the weather where you are at? Maybe it's the curse of the chinese british bucket? ;D

I really liked how the epoxy came out on the fork lowers. and it doesnt scar up as easy.
you may be right about the curse.
Ive painted alot of crap in my 45 years...had a faux pah here and there, but never nothin like this.
AND besides all that. The damned can started leaking at the nozzle and sprayed a friggin piss stream out sideways all over my WHITE garage door and my hand! Good thing the old woman is planning to paint the garage this summer...

IF summer ever gets here. I just checked weather forecast for tomorrow!

snowy-cabin-large_zpsc18e90ce.jpg

trek97 said:
I really liked how the epoxy came out on the fork lowers. and it doesnt scar up as easy.
you may be right about the curse.
Ive painted alot of crap in my 45 years...had a faux pah here and there, but never nothin like this.
AND besides all that. The damned can started leaking at the nozzle and sprayed a friggin piss stream out sideways all over my WHITE garage door and my hand! Good thing the old woman is planning to paint the garage this summer...

IF summer ever gets here. I just checked weather forecast for tomorrow!

snowy-cabin-large_zpsc18e90ce.jpg

That pisses the shit out of me when paint cans do that. Things can be going great and then BAM! A can goes to shit and what you were painting goes to shit. I'm impatient when it comes to letting a crap paint job dry so I can throw it in my media cabinet and start all over again.

AzHonda said:
That pisses the shit out of me when paint cans do that. Things can be going great and then BAM! A can goes to shit and what you were painting goes to shit. I'm impatient when it comes to letting a crap paint job dry so I can throw it in my media cabinet and start all over again.

Thanks az I know Im not the only one...buts its nice to hear someone else admit it, just so I can relate.

Re: 76 CB360, new coil bracket mock up.

OK snow is falling. I am not in the mood to do shit. So, I figured I do something easy and a little exciting, (to me anyways) I half ass polished the new coils and mocked up bracket. I may end up adding a small heat shield to protect from headers. and may move them up an inch on the frame tube. but this is only a mock up.

dirtycoil_zps403df38f.jpg

coilmocka_zpsae8fa703.jpg

coilmockb_zps39ce6360.jpg

coilmockd_zps3f3d1bc2.jpg

coilmockf_zps495c663d.jpg

coilmocke_zps7b272d9e.jpg

Coils look cool Eric. It should be warm enough by the time I get my CB Running right... We'll have to get our bikes together down in Chambana for a photoshoot here in the spring.

trek97 said:
OK snow is falling. I am not in the mood to do shit. So, I figured I do something easy and a little exciting, (to me anyways) I half ass polished the new coils and mocked up bracket. I may end up adding a small heat shield to protect from headers. and may move them up an inch on the frame tube. but this is only a mock up.

dirtycoil_zps403df38f.jpg

coilmocka_zpsae8fa703.jpg

coilmockb_zps39ce6360.jpg

coilmockd_zps3f3d1bc2.jpg

coilmockf_zps495c663d.jpg

coilmocke_zps7b272d9e.jpg

3DogNate said:
Coils look cool Eric. It should be warm enough by the time I get my CB Running right... We'll have to get our bikes together down in Chambana for a photoshoot here in the spring.

Thanks bud. That will be awesome...if I can get her running after the front end wiring cleanup.

Re: 76 CB360, Tidy up some odds and end for spring.

woohoo snow day!
OK I couldnt stand waiting on the headlight bucket anymore...so I mocked her up and hooked up all the wires in the f'ed up cursed chinese/british bucket. and VIOLA! everything works....BUT. She wont turn over! hmmm I think I forgot to hook the neutral switch to take starter solenoid to ground. dag nabbit, really didnt want to dig back into all that.
oh well...SNOW DAY! and she is close...real close.

Re: 76 CB360, Tidy up some odds and end for spring.

Wiring is done. I was holding out for my buddy Greg...but has family and health kept getting in the way. Hes going to Wisconsin Dells for the weekend. Then a couple Dr appts Monday and Tuesday. Drs watching him close for cancer...geesh cant I cut a break?

So I fired up the welder and took matters into my own hands.

welding_zps2051cb87.jpg

Fugly...check stuck...check more grinder...check
stuck_zps329498f3.jpg

Re: 76 CB360, coils bolted up.

some grinding a smear of glaze, prime and paint.

this morning I bolted em on on wired em up.

coilsdone_zps66a45cd0.jpg

rightcoildone_zpsfeaf8c40.jpg

leftfrontview_zpsef882e34.jpg

now a cup of coffee and get this rice burner fired up.

I like that a lot... especially the wires. Good job man!

thanks gents. So far I am pleased as long as they perform without blowing their tops off.

For the first time in 5 long cold dark months pushed her out into the fresh air. The brightness shined off the thick layer of wood dust, polishing dust, grinder dust, paint dust...etc.
But here she is in all her filthy ass glory.
Cranked her over. Pop, sputter, Pop... drained old gas from fuel bowls, tossed in a fresh pair of plugs. and bam, she purrs like a kitten. It may be my imagination but I believe the fresh coils have made a hell of a difference in the way she runs.
PJ, Frogger am I wrong about this? Will fresh coils make a diff or is it just a case of either they work or they dont?

I desperately need to come up w a way to make rearsets work w my existing exhaust. cause Those pipes are one of my favorite parts of the entire build, and I aint about to change them. So, maybe that and tires will be next.

donec_zpsfda118d4.jpg

doneb_zpsfe330fdd.jpg

New coils could be making a difference as they may have more reserve voltage which gives a longer duration spark
Won't normally show up until higher rpm though

Yeah new coils made a big difference on my baby too, nice fat spark all the time now, no issues starting her, even with a dead battery.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no reason to keep 30+ year old coils. Just stupid, they start better and run better. Plus the coils you got have better cooling as well, they should be oil filled, which helps considerably over the stockers. I put the same coils on both my bikes and I have no issues with spark on either. Fat enough to put my arm to sleep. ::) ;D

and I almost forgot. new uni filters may be helping also.

My neighbors got to hear the sounds of spring this morning.
Kinda chilly considering is was misting a little light rain. 45 degrees and 4:30 a.m. I rolled out and fired her up. 12 miles to coffee w the farmers.
New 7" Headlight works great, riding through the 8 miles of large wild mammal gauntlet. Much improved over the little 5.25 incher. Bigger is better.
She performed flawlessly. I may need a tweak on the left carb air/fuel adjuster. she read 530 degrees at the header when I returned. the right is 480 degrees. The coils didnt show any sign of overheat maybe 80 degrees closest to the headers.

Re: 76 CB360, considering custom pipes idea.

Ok I am seriously considering making a custom right exhaust to make room for rearsets. I Already have a set of Stock CL high pipes I would use for the left side. (so thats easy) It is in a CL high pipes sort of idea. but keeping the balance of duals w one on each side to match the other.

The new pipe would need to clear the dipstick. Not too much of a problem. The frame tube nearest the carbs would have to be modified a bit to fit the pipe nicely tween the kickstarter & frame.

This way it would free up tons of space. I would be able to cut and move the rear peg brackets. bringing the pegs a couple inches lower and forward, (still clearing the kicker) if I make this happen w the stock pegs they may also fold up.
also, (with the pipes moved out of current location) there would be plenty of room for the brake pedal to clear the kicker.
And I would loose the center stand.

I will have to come up w shielding to keep the carbs/fuel lines from heating up.

anybody see something I am missing? with this kooky idea.

exhaust_zpsdb16bd2e.jpg
[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom