GL500 Silverwing Scooped for $125

It's been raining and/or cold for months but I've been stockpiling parts in the meantime.

This '03 GSXR750 front just arrived today

Sent from my XT1635-01 using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 1487709990606.jpg
    1487709990606.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,135
Re: GL500 Silverwing Scooped

Bought an extra engine locally for only $50 off CL. Supposedly this one only has 16k miles while mine has 62k miles. We'll see what shape both engines are inside but for $50 I couldn't pass it up... insurance.

52b0c296-3c51-43fb-b810-a425a5c78964_zpssvs8y0i0.jpg

Ive cleaned sets like that, they look like crap on the outside and come out decent looking, but inside they are just fine and the carbs work just great
Its not the worst set Ive seen

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Ah cool, the slide is a piston instead! Well I hope the pistons are not in too rougher shape then ;)
It was running before the teardown so I'm just going to clean them the best I can and skip a rebuild on the carbs if possible. If they need rebuilt later they're easy to remove and I'll do it then.

Lunchtime progress... Rear wheel, engine, & driveshaft removed and brought inside. It's supposed to rain over the weekend and didn't want the exposed intake/exhaust ports open even if it will have a cover over it.

2017-03-02-13-23-52_zpsgyymu8sm.jpg

MitchellSK said:
Lunchtime progress... Rear wheel, engine, & driveshaft removed and brought inside. It's supposed to rain over the weekend and didn't want the exposed intake/exhaust ports open even if it will have a cover over it.

2017-03-02-13-23-52_zpsgyymu8sm.jpg

smear a little something on those fork tubes.

As long as the area of fork tube that travels through the fork seals isn't rusty, you will be ok.
some wd-40 and fine steel wool should clean that up nice

Most excellent. We picked up 1 full gl500 complete, and 2 other gls, 500 and 650 plus lots of luggage cases and extra fairings in November.. ! Havent worked on them yet, as I have so many on the go right now! i love the shaft drive... no need to worry about a new chain!. But chains to have a special place in my heart.. Here are a couple bikes Ive built. One is a shaft Xv750 and the other Cb550!

Uber

Attachments

• XV&CB.jpg
    XV&CB.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 400
Sooooo... no pic but it's damn near bare frame. I want the swingarm off and I'm looking at the manual but not getting it. Do I just remove the spanner nut and then it comes apart or do I need to do something after/before the spanner nut? I see hex heads inside the nut but the doc's I'm looking at aren't clear on what to do.

I pulled the plastic plugs off both sides of the stamped frame, the air shock is off, the swing-arm is ready to drop if I can get the pivot out.

TIA

Back
Top Bottom