CNC Plasma Cutting

SONICJK

Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
I've offered this up to a few members, I figure I may as well make it public access.

I've got a CNC plasma cutter that I use for business, but it's idle a good part of the time.
So for DTT folk's I'll cut whatever you want at very cheap friend rates. Basically the cost of the metal + the cost of the beer I consume during cutting + the ride to you.

Here's the catch:
I do not have time to design stuff for folks, so to use this service you have to be able to send me a cuttable DXF file.
I don't mind a bit of cleanup because I know not everyone knows what is "cuttable"

If you've got questions or want to get something done either post up here or send me a PM.
Frame gussets, battery box, motor mounts, caliper mounts, headlight mounts, seat pans, fender blanks, tank parts, etc.
If you can draw it in 2D I can likely cut it.

I imagine you'll be a bit hampered by the lack of people who have access to Cad/Cam.

Though, for anyone who wants it, you can download Fusion 360 for free if you are a hobbyist.

Probably so, but not trying to make money, I just see so many people that want to make stuff but don't have the ability.

I do 3D and 2D CAD design and drafting as a part of my job. I have done some work for people on the forum.

I will also offer up my services at a discounted rate to forum members, while we're at it. ;)

Don't mean to solicit on your thread, but I figured this would be as good a place as any to extend this offer.

No problemo amigo,
That just gives more people access to cool shit.
Fine by me.

I'll also add that by cuttable I just mean don't send me a 4 overlapping parts drawn by hand.
As long as they are clear decipherable dxf or similar it's all good.

Very nice offer! what thickness can you handle? materials?

I can cut up to 1/2" comfortably or 7/8 pushing it.
Up to 48x96

Mild steel, aluminum or stainless.
I keep 12ga cold rolled, 3/16 cold rolled and 16 gauge in stock mild.
Anything else I can get in a day or two.

Nice offer. Draftsight is a free and fairly intuitive 2d cad system. It's actually pretty much a direct copy of earlier autocad. It's a great free option imho.

Good on ya for offering this up sonic. It's what makes this site great!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom