Im a Monkey!

teddpage

Over 1,000 Posts
No...this isnt spam or a joke. A good friend of mine just purchased (but has yet to pick up) a racing sidecar outfit. I was asked to monkey with him, so of course i said yes! We are supposed to pick it up in 2 weeks, so i'll post up pics then.
Its supposedly a custom frame with a 650cc benelli motor. Needs a few finishing touches, but its mostly there.

Hey+Hey.jpg

Here's the obligatory "on the trailer" shot of our rig. Let the fun begin

heredequ.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

that thing is Crazy ...Is that a rear swing arm for the front ? Crazy Monkey Fun right there...Super Low too reminds me of the worlds fastest indian

Thanks guys...yea it is a rear swing arm up front. It needs a few finishing touches, but we hope to be on track by May...and if time allows we may do Barber.......I'll try to keep this updated as progress is made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanx for the link newage...we talked about summit point. As it stands right now, we both hafta make sure we can both get the same wkends off from work. We are both USCRA members, so we will probably do most of those events. We live on the eastern end of long island, so we hafta travel a long ways for most tracks.

We got home about an hour ago, and enlisted the help of some friends so we could get the rig into the shop. We lifted the rig and tilted it sideways to get it thru the doorway haha! Ill try to remember to snap some pix tomorrow when we start tinkering.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Tedd,

You may wanna take a look here a chronicle of Hacknuts evolution from off road to road racing sidecar.
http://hacknutzr.us/

Im terrible at updating threads, we have since raced 3 times, only one of which I remembered my GoPro.
Unfortunately, we have had LOTS of teething issues with the rig. First we had a slipping clutch. Fixed that. Then the transmission was getting hard to shift, and would eventually get stuck in one gear, as seen in the video I posted below.
We have pulled the motor, AGAIN!, and we think we got the shifting issue figured out. We race again this coming weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Sorry, I don't have any updated pics of the rig, but here's a short video to keep you entertained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82wVM_9FGXI

And here is a video of me Monkeying on a different rig. This one has a Yamaha motor, 750cc, and is one of the fastest rigs in the USCRA. His monkey felt sick in the AM, so I got a few laps of practice in just for fun, since we were down and out with trans problems with the Benelli. It was a heluva ride, since im used to a left hand chair, and this one is a right hand chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-PwtyuSjL4

ENJOY!!!

Yeah, I know... old thread.
You got any update info?
Curious about the front end set-up. Rear swinger for a leading link... OK... but rear shocks... and a rear wheel?

Not much to update Hoosier...the rig has been out of commission for most of the racing season. The Benelli twin is out, and a Triumph 750 is being built as we speak.
The front end was build out of a rear swinger...what exactly im not so sure as it was built many moons ago.
The rear wheel is supposedly a KZ400...but again, we aren't sure. And the shocks are just some cheapies for now til we get it sorted
If you want specific pictures I would be more than happy to provide you with them!

Ok...so heres an update. We pulled the benelli motor out and set the new triumph lump in place...its a good fit! Time to get busy making new motor mounts!!!

ebe5any4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply and update! Sorry if I wasn't clear in my question. Is the front suspension actually rear shocks and was the front wheel once a rear?
By the way, that Tri-ump engine looks good in there!

Ahh ok...I gotcha now. Heres a pic of the front hub...not so sure if it was a rear or not. And yes the front suspension is rear shocks...racing sidecars are strange animals!!!

sasaga8y.jpg

Im here working on it now...if there is anything else you want to know...shoot me some questions

se9ysedu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom