Where/how to buy/build a sidecar *cart*

rhjr

Learning, dreaming, & getting there slowly.
I'm looking for any resources on how to either buy or build a sidecar cart, very much like this one: http://instagram.com/p/UTrDFBNCLs/

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

All they did is take the body off of a sidecar frame and bolted a couple of boards to the top of it. Super simple. The hard part is finding a side car frame and mounting it to your bike.

A trailer would work, too, by the way. Where the hell does a guy find a trailer or sidecar *frame*?

The chassis is a Watsonian Palma. There are many chassis' around which can easily be converted to a bike hauler.

These were very common in the 50's and early 60's [ in the UK ] before the advent of cheap cars.

A buddy of mine found mine sitting next to a dumpster at a customer's shop. He bought it and then traded it to me for a bunch of electrical work on his bike. Try craigslist, ebay, talk to motorcycle shop owners, and other riders. They are out there. You just have to look.

Thanks, @beachcomber! Perfect. I'll start the hunt and see what I come up with. Cheers, everyone!

RH

I was looking for a specific era [ 1920 / 30 ] for my chassis. This style will either be astronomical price [ " 'cos it's a classic guvnor" ] or a throwaway !!

I paid £50 [ $80 ? ] for mine, arriving on Monday.

That's throwaway price BTW - I've seen them go for over £300 [ JUST the chassis ]

KGrHqNhsFCwRG3PQKBQsLoE5od60_58.jpg

Back
Top Bottom