Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

you can also just bolt a flatbar diagonal across studs to stop the piston before you put on the head
then once you have it set , for future use you can drill something like an 1/8" hole into the rotor for a dowel
that is a badass wheel nice and big esay to see spacing on hash mk's

I think I would have angle milled that and re-set nut faces 'flat'
The stud holes are probably enough oversize not to need modifying?

xb33bsa said:
you can also just bolt a flatbar diagonal across studs to stop the piston before you put on the head
then once you have it set , for future use you can drill something like an 1/8" hole into the rotor for a dowel
that is easier than trying to avoid the valves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazypj said:
I think I would have angle milled that and re-set nut faces 'flat'
The stud holes are probably enough oversize not to need modifying?
at a loss Crazypj what you are referring to...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Set head with exhaust side 20~40 thou high.
When you do that the stud holes will be angled and the flat surface where nuts fit will also be angled so you need to spot face them back to parallel with head surface.
Stud holes may also need modifying if studs contact edges of holes

crazypj said:
Set head with exhaust side 20~40 thou high.
When you do that the stud holes will be angled and the flat surface where nuts fit will also be angled so you need to spot face them back to parallel with head surface.
Stud holes may also need modifying if studs contact edges of holes
for the carb intakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xb33bsa said:
he is reffering to milling head,its gasket surface,so it is tilted back a smidge
i can see that now and what a great idea...that way you can take advantage of the extra room on the exhaust valve...brilliant minds on DTT

6ajabeva.jpg

xb33bsa said:
like this?

I consider myself pretty motor literate. But I have no idea what you lot are talking about half the time.

Still enjoy following along though. Texas and Zeke, you are both turning into tuning pros, nice work.

Zeke was watching Youtube today and is showing me a new trick on how to install a tire and tube...if this works we should get some sort of ichiban award for use of Zipties
avyqy4ut.jpg

It worked had to use spoons at the end but not pinching the tube!
umavegej.jpg

To find TDC and degree the cam on my engine after it was assembled, I made a piston stop out of an old sparkplug that I had threaded internally for an 8mm bolt.

Similar to this piston stop:
http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/2012/12/tdc-and-how-to-find-it.html

Then I punch marked my rotor. It was slightly right of the stock TDC mark.

After it was marked I took the top cover off and used some spacers to keep everything compressed. Then I dialed in the cam with my degree wheel.

acm177 said:
Oh I see you may have done that in a previous post.
thats ok we want to try all the different ways and we are going to use the piston stop to see if it is as accurate as this way. The thing I like about xb's way is that you can hold the steel and with just the slighted touch feel it hit and you don't have to worry with damaging valves.

you done good i haden't even considerd a plug hoe stop possibly fouling a valve
anyway awesome wrk ;D
carry on mofo'es

neevo said:
I consider myself pretty motor literate. But I have no idea what you lot are talking about half the time.

Still enjoy following along though. Texas and Zeke, you are both turning into tuning pros, nice work.
thank you I think we are closing in on more mistakes well we learn a lot by installing cam chain tensioners upside down :) flowing things the wrong way...but we are having fun!

Back
Top Bottom