GND

I'm going to fire her up on Monday, still a long way to go.....but I'm getting there.
P1020921.jpg
P1020874.jpg
IMG]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af167/hardy88/P1010140-1.jpg[/IMG]
P1010139.jpg
P1010138-1.jpg
P1020928.jpg

Bro you have been busy! What with doing the frame and rebuilding the engine SWEET! What colour are you thinking of painting the tank?

So did you fire it up, how did she sound? are you going to keep the rising sun and what is that on the other side?

A note to everyone out there building bikes.....when you put that key away in that special place so you won't lose it.....tell someone else where that place is so you can find it months/years down the line. SHIT SHIT SHIT.
P1020936.jpg
AC, The tank will have nothing on it at this stage. I've got a set of fork boots coming and I went with the stock speedo which looks great, once the boots turn up I'll swap the light mounts which should close the gap a little more. I'll take a photo tomorrow. I'm just going to plug away at the small stuff until I wake up in the night and go straight to the F#%&@!* key!

IDIOT! LOL ;D have you looked on top of the beams in your workshop? The tanks awesome polished, are they new boots on her? i think you have done a great job bro! its really turning into a nice looking ride, looking forward to seeing her in person and hearing her note.......

That thing is turning out great! About that ignition, you could probably hot wire it just to see how it works. Or you could be like me - have an entire junk drawer full of unlabeled keys. Nobody could ever match any given key to a lock. Seriously, you would think I mugged a janitor or something.

Pretty awesome-reminds me of my bike in way ;D What sorta header/pipe set-up you going with and what are your electrics/oiltank plans? I would also suggest one of those mini-speedos that they have on ebay and a few other places-really clean up the top.

Yeah if I don't find the key before the wiring gets finished its hot wire for sure! Thanks Big R.
Running what was on the bike when I got it as far as the exhaust goes-its a pretty ugly 4 into 1. I chopped about 4 inches off it but I'm thinking I'll go for 2x 2 into 1's running down each side once I get her through 'Road worthy' (not easy over here!)
I did start out wanting to mount a mini speedo in the tank recess but I'm loving the big old school MX center dial at the mo, the light will finish about an inch closer to the dial which will clean it up a bit ( the mini doesn't go up to the TON anyway). Electric's are all around the battery box, please let me know if this can be a problem ie can one thing be to close to another? or is heat a problem with anything? Cheers.
Hey Kev whats the link to your bike? I've looked but can't find it.
P1020939-1.jpg

P1020942.jpg

P1020946.jpg

P1020947.jpg

P1020944.jpg

P1020949.jpg

I'm with you on the original speedo looks sweet up there in the middle, love the look of that tank and the stubby rear gaurd and your right about exhaust, looking at it from the back those bars look narrow though? i think that the only electric parts that dont like being next to each other is the coils and i. dont think youve moved them. your making some progress now man!!!!! looking great!!!!!!

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10934.0 heres the link to kevs ride

Nice, What about swapping the mini Speedo with a tac the same size and leaving the stock speedo where it is? I like the stock speedo too, but the mini in the tank recess looks cool as well and could be a tach instead.

Cheers,

I pulled the Taco drive when I had the engine stripped, the other thing is getting the drive there would mean either going electric or making a right angle drive but at this stage I just wanted to keep it really simple and kind of second hand not to polished. cheers Maritime
That's exactly what I wanted to hear Louie thanks
Where's your brother-in-law when you need him?
P1020954.jpg

Getting very close to petrol and fire!
P1020951.jpg

I really like the gauge in the tank-that's awesome! You could try wrapping or painting the exhaust; I did that with mine, but mainly because it had surface rust that marred the chrome.

My fork boots turned up yesterday, I like them. I played around with the wiring and got her turning over without spark or carbs. I moved the ignition, Started shortening the loom and sorting out its path, slowly I'm getting there.
P1020956.jpg

P1020958.jpg

man your making great progress! see you will have yours running before me, GOOD WORK!!

Back
Top Bottom