Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build

socalmike_cb72 said:
Was sad to see you let go of the blue tank after all the work, but gotta say I personally love the brown leather and bare metal tank.

+1 on the gold honda emblem ;D

So was I, but the tank is going to a good home soon. I didn't think I'd like the bare metal as much as I do, but every time i see it in my apt I love it more and more

Small update, got some parts including the final bracket for my motor and a core drilled camshaft (THANKS GUYS! DEFINITELY FEELING THE LOVE, BROTHERS) Now its mostly cleaning off old bits, painting them and fitting them on before wiring starts. Anyway this is how she currently sits, getting more brass and golden by the day :)

*The fender looks low because I didnt attach it under the seat after putting in more padding, enjoy 8)

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • as_she_sits.jpg
    as_she_sits.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 245
this thing's looking quite nice! nice work on the seat, it's nice having women in your life that know how to sew. my mom has come to the rescue for 3 or 4 seats for me now.

When the fender is attached under the seat it clears by a few inches, it looks low in the last pic because its just hanging there

Whats your plan on running oil to channel in the camshaft?

I was thinking of going that route as well, but decided I had already had such a substantial project I'd get it riding first then start a stage two for a few items.

A view from my computer desk :) Headers are on and engine is put together. Do I need to wire the bike before I can work on timing??

Side note: those pipes used to be sprayed black, i spent 2 hours kneeling in the bathtub scrubbing them with steel wool :)

Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 232
Finnigan said:
Do I need to wire the bike before I can work on timing??

Not necessary for static timing or timing for idle speed. But you need a multimeter or something that detects circuit continuity. But you will need the bike running for advance timing.

I just got myself a heavy duty circuit tester but I was under the impression they were battery powered and completing the circuit with a AA battery made the light go off. Doesnt seem to be the case.

Small update but too pretty not to post up, Mikunis and velocity stacks

(anyone think i should have gone with 4" instead of 3"?)

Attachments

• mikunis.jpg
    mikunis.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 736
  • stacks.jpg
    stacks.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 218
  • stacks on.jpg
    stacks on.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 209
Finnigan said:
Small update but too pretty not to post up, Mikunis and velocity stacks

(anyone think i should have gone with 4" instead of 3"?)

They look really nice tucked down there!

Back
Top Bottom