76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, before & after

I'm installing a head temp sensor on mine, but I'm not sure my temps would mean much on your engine.

Sonreir said:
I'm installing a head temp sensor on mine, but I'm not sure my temps would mean much on your engine.
Do you know approx numbers? anything is better than nuttin.

Heres the $26 Non contact temp gun I have. It works great. And its amazingly accurate and fast. My buddy Greg uses one at work, His was $180. We ran around comparing them to one another. They always came up to within a degree or two of same. Ive also compared it to my Fluke meter temp sensor, w amazing accuracy. The best part...Free shipping! Ive used it alot for a year now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YE3FS4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01
41w8EIJglFL.jpg

Those temp guns are fantastic! I use one here at work all the time too and they are pretty spot on.

Just for fun...thought I would post a pic of a close friend of mine. He had a contest this past weekend down in Tennessee. I didnt get to go. Dude won 5 trophies...everything he entered. Including the "Over all" so that put him up against the 1st place winners of every weight / age group. Not bad for a 48 year old elevator man. Now, I just got to put up w his attitude everyday at work. LOL. I am pretty proud of him. The funny thing is, He makes ME do all the heavy lifting at work...What a DIVA!

win.jpg

We met Jay Cutler...4 time Mr Olympia, At a show Kevin won 2 years ago. I think Kev is ready to compete for Mr Olympia.

kevjay.jpg

Good job to your friend man!........ and thanks for making me regret the big egg and cheese sandwich I just annihilated, lol

LOL...believe me. I have never regretted any Sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin I have ever put away.

trek97 said:
LOL...believe me. I have never regretted any Sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin I have ever put away.

Me neither, makes me fart bad though ;D

HAHA!!! That why the wife don't like me doing convienent store bean burritos on trips.

thats the last time I post a pic of Kevin on my thread...

Kevins pic = fart discussion...LOL!!!

trek97 said:
thats the last time I post a pic of Kevin on my thread...

Kevins pic = fart discussion...LOL!!!

LOL, what he does takes alot of discipline, sure not many convienent store foods involved.

Body builders + lots of protein bars, drinks, etc = FARTS ;D
Pretty simple logic as how we got round to it ;)
(I've been watch Big Bang Theory, "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested" ;D ;D )

I am just happy that guys feel so comfortable, that when on my build thread...They are not emabarassed to discuss anything...even thier gastro intestinal history.

Also, I really enjoy watching, "The Big Bang Theory" even though its not enitrely accurate in its portrayal of Physists. Remember I work at a World Class Engineering and Science Based, Major University. Physists are a WHOLE LOT NERDIER in real life.

Yep, but, they are rarely even close to being so funny ;D

Re: 76 CB360,Stator voltage issues. please help, before & after

I got a battery charging issue.
Stator unplugged.
I read continuity through all three leads.
pink-yellow
yellow-white
white-pink
none read to stator housing ring or ground.
with bike running...
18vac on one pair
20vac on next pair
ONLY 3.5vac on next pair
also read each lead to ground (bike running)
8vac
8vac
2vac
whats up with that? could this be normal?
I havent yet checked rectifier. next.

Re: 76 CB360,Stator voltage issues. please help, before & after

trek97 said:
I got a battery charging issue.
Stator unplugged.
I read continuity through all three leads.
pink-yellow
yellow-white
white-pink
none read to stator housing ring or ground.
with bike running...
18vac on one pair
20vac on next pair
ONLY 3.5vac on next pair
also read each lead to ground (bike running)
8vac
8vac
2vac
whats up with that? could this be normal?
I havent yet checked rectifier. next.

Was that at idle between pairs?
run it up to 5k
What rectifier (stock 360?)
Use highest Ohm reading to check insulation (any lead to ground, 'dead engine', block disconnected)
It may be worth checking all 3 in case one has been cut through by chain?
I've been looking at these on eBay, not that I need any but it's real simple to re-wire entire bike using this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170856910311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Back
Top Bottom