Welllpp given a 78 CB400T. First bike, kinda lost on where to start.

Danosaur410

A friend of mine who is moving out of state gave me this bike he was unable to take with him. The bike runs well and is in great condition but I really want to do a brat/cafe racer style conversion on it. I have searched around on site and didnt find a whole lot of information on exactly where to start. My biggest question is how much modification to the frame I am going to have to do. Am I going to have to change the position of the rear suspension? Also I see alot of bikes with much shorter forks than what are on mine. is it easier to but forks or modify the ones I have? Sorry for all of the newb questions. Again this is my first bike and i figure with such a simple engine it should be a fun first project before I move on to bigger bikes.

Any links you can share with me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much about what you see on a google search. Plenty of those bikes are built to look at and not ride. Get it fully functional before you make changes...I learned the hard way. Find the style of bike you like visually and ask how hard it will be to get it to that point.

Back
Top Bottom