First Classic - 1973 CB350 - Learning As I Go Along

ricardo1064

I've always loved old school Honda motorcycles. Finally picked up my first one about a month ago.

First attachment is what it looked like when I first got it. Bike wasn't running and was dropped at a very low speed on the left side (blinkers and the fork cover with slight damage, as well as the gas tank). Other than that the gas tank was really faded from years of dropping gasoline on it while fueling and of course the side covers didn't match anymore because of the fade. Other than those items it was really in pretty good shape, needed a once over in general, and tires (which the last owner included with the sale).

So I had found a gas tank and side covers in really great shape that I could use in the interim while I found someone to restore the original candy orange ones back to original color and condition. I ordered the carb rebuild kits and got to work. My first time ever rebuilding carburetors, a fun experience and an educational one. I'm sure they aren't perfect in terms of synchronization, but the bike sounds good for the time being. Cleaned up the tank I picked up, and just did some general check ups on bolts and such and am about to put it on the road this weekend for the first time.

Second picture is what it looks like right now with the purple tank and side covers. Wasn't a fan of the purple when I first picked it up, but the itch to have it running was so strong, I didn't care much. But it's actually growing on me and plenty of people are complimenting it. Might have to consider this tank and covers for the next cb350.

Over the winter I plan on tearing it down completely and really getting it cleaned up. Have not decided on what I am going to do in terms of engine (rebuild stock or rebuild and upgrade) & ignition (standard or electronic), but as far as looks I don't think I am going to make too many changes. I love how original this bike still is and would like to keep it along those lines but just have it completely refreshed as driving classic. I will be on the look out for a another cb350 to really have some fun with, but I think this one won't deviate much from the way it looks in the first picture when I am done with it.

Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2013-06-22 10.05.07.jpg
    2013-06-22 10.05.07.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 2013-08-31 11.13.38.jpg
    2013-08-31 11.13.38.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top Bottom