82 cb750c dohc in progress

davidgwells

Thought I would share a pic of my current project. Its got a way to go but I'm pleased with how it's shaping up.
47c28c7d-99ac-290a.jpg

Sweet I was wondering approx what mine would look like w/o a fender. Still in the mock up stage. Got my hoop for the back done still can't decide on how long to make the back of my frame. I like the DOHC motors. Next project maybe, your's looks good. Too many cafe's anyway.

I still have to weld the tail loop, its just gaffed on at the moment haha. There are a ton of details to button up but im not planning on cleaning it up too much. For the streets of chicago I think that the brat/rat/cafe will be just fine. Im re-jetting the carbs in the next day or so, still need a gas cap for the 900f tank and a petcock. Also need an alternator rotor, fork brace, shorten cables/brake lines, battery box... Im planning on cleaning up the top of the triple tree since im running clip ons, still need to come up with a suitable fuse box for the relocation.

I like what you've done so far. As the owner of a 750C, I can appreciate how hard it is to make these things look cool lol.

The F tank looks good on there, did it mount up without modification?

Interested to see what your solution is for relocating the fusebox, I'm looking to tackle that on my bike later this summer.

Hey leadfoot, that's a 900f tank, its way longer than the 750f tank. The front mounts are in the same spot but the rear is about 3-4 inches further towards the rear. My seat pan laps over the tanks mounting tab so it's not going anywhere. Soon-ish I plan on welding on a tab to bolt it to. As far as the fuse box, I really just need to find an appropriate box. There is a ton of room under that tank to hide everything.

Ahhhh. I see...
I just picked me up a DOHC in the form of a basket case '81 750C. I also like Brats so so this really hit me between the eyes. Nice to see others here have the same bike.
Do you plan on running the factory air box?
Stock length rear shocks?
How much did you drop the front?
I'm always looking for some inspiration so keep the updates comin.

I rebuilt the carbs last night and put them on the bike with pods today. I need a couple exhaust gaskets but it fired right up and feels like its going to be a screamer, really responsive to the throttle. It's too early to tell really but I used the 6 sigma jet kit and they seem to have gotten the jetting right. I also drilled out the slides. I dropped the front 3". My stock shocks in the rear are really saggy so I've got a set of super sport shocks I'm going to try out to level the bike more.

I did cut the springs but I also put spacers in at the damper. If you just cut the springs you still have full travel of the fork and that would be way too much.

davidgwells said:
Hey leadfoot, that's a 900f tank, its way longer than the 750f tank. The front mounts are in the same spot but the rear is about 3-4 inches further towards the rear. My seat pan laps over the tanks mounting tab so it's not going anywhere. Soon-ish I plan on welding on a tab to bolt it to. As far as the fuse box, I really just need to find an appropriate box. There is a ton of room under that tank to hide everything.

Right on, I thought the tank looked a little long, looks great on your bike though. I've thought about trying a 750F tank on mine but have decided to try to make the original tank work for now. Keep it up man, looking forward to seeing your bike progress, I might steal some ideas from you along the way lol.

Haha, steal away! I too was going to use my original tank. I stripped it to bare metal and clear coated it. Then I saw a friends bike with a 900f tank ha. My tank is far from perfect but it's a cheap way to get a pseudo stretched tank look. I moved my fuse box today and made a plate to attach the rectifier and igniters to. I also dropped the speedo and ignition lower on the top tree by about 2". Next up is shaving the lower bar clamps off the triple tree…

I just moved the original. Its on the right in that last pic, sitting on top of the tank mount. Its only temporary, im still looking for a small weather resistant fuse box to mount somewhere.

Thanks. I'm getting bored waiting for my exhaust gaskets to show up. Took a few pics today to see how it sits with the super sport shocks on.
6c59108c-2fb1-68a2.jpg

First photo you posted looks awesome! Was it lowered? I've got a 79 and it's riding a little too high for my liking.

Can't wait to see how this looks.

*sub'd*

Hey xsnrge, it's lowered 3" in the front but raised in the rear with super sport shocks. That first pic had the stock C shocks on any they sagged way too low for me, completely worn out.

Back
Top Bottom