Comstar single disc front issues.

rays650cafe

No quarter given, none taken.
Is there a model of Honda that had Comstar rims with single front disc? Noticed a while back that my front rim isn't quite centered in my forks. Doesn't handle bad, just bugs the shit out of me. Any ideas? I just put new bearings and painted these not too long ago.

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
cm400/450

I was looking at it the other day, and I think I will just eventually go back to spokes. The tires are still pretty good, so I have time to start getting stuff together. Like I said in my OP it handles good, just looks weird. If your looking for it that is. ;)

cxman said:
cx500 gl/500 has the comstar

I was looking at that option, single disc as well. Do you have a stock frontend laying around? I was going to pm someone with a cx/gl to measure the distance between fork tubes. Also wondering if the brake disc/caliper are different. I cant move mine towards the disc because the caliper will contact the rim.
May have to get an old CX caliper from fleabay and see what's different.
Thanks

Well CX, I have 7.5 in. center to center between the forks. And where the fender would normally bolt on I have an 1 1/8 inch on the left and 3/4 inch on the right (as sitting on the bike). I'm using a CB650C wheel on a CB650 standard set of forks/triple tree set up. Wondering if I wouldn't need a whole CX wheel, brake, and speedo setup at this point.

Attachments

• 113_0009.JPG
    113_0009.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 113_0008.JPG
    113_0008.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 203
  • 113_0010.JPG
    113_0010.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 195
that is the wrong axle bolt and you are missing some spacers

you better not be driving that it all sorts of whacked

i cant see past the way the forks taper in my brain tilts

i need you to take a pic of the bike straight on

post that

then put the bike on the center stand and put a jack under the front of the engine and lift the bike a bit

drop the front wheel and unbolt the bent fender so the forks can go parallel

take a pic and post that

then measure the distance at the bottom where the axle sits from out side to out side of the forks

wish you were around the corner i have a bin full of honda axles and spacers bet we could figure it out in 10 mins

Not saying your wrong, but the axle bolt and spacers all came from the same bike. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. Wonder if I may have swapped the spacers ?

ray

the forks are to pulled together at the bottom

looks like by almost and inch or more if that is right then it is more than a spacer issue the axle must be the wrong one

although obviously it will need more spacers as well

but we wont know till you relax the forks and let them go to there proper space and do a measurement

can you also take a side shot of the caliper so i can see which caliper you have on there and what rotor?

Back
Top Bottom