Help with Wheel Bearing Removal (CB250N)

NOZ69R

Okay Do the Tonners,

I need to replace the rear wheel bearings on a "Comstar" rim, the manual states to use a drift well tried that with NO luck.

I've even sprayed on WD40 and let soak overnight still no luck.

Is there any tricks, given that they are the originals so have been in there for a long time

Cheers

Pics? Clearly there's nothing holding the bearings in place? Honda often put retaining rings on one side.

Get a concrete expanding bolt the right size to put where the axle would go on one side, tighten it, and it will grab the inner bearing race. Then with a strong drift you can press out from the other side

But don't pound on it or you may damage the hub. If nothing is working spend the $40 and have a shop press them out with the right tools.

As Tim said make sure there isn't a snap ring holding it in. Then heat the aluminum around the race with a propane torch or a heat gun. They will come right out.

Thanks for the replies, there's no retaining clips that I can see. I've had a quick go at heating with no luck so I might have to take it to work and use the press.
I've attached pics of both sides the thing that is making it harder is the full length sleeve so you can't get a punch from the inside to tap out.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20141008_192823 (Medium).jpg
    20141008_192823 (Medium).jpg
    214 KB · Views: 214
  • 20141008_192908 (Medium).jpg
    20141008_192908 (Medium).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 232
Usually that sleeve will move around a small amount giving you a small ledge on the inner race to put a drift against. You will have to move back and forth across the race, a couple whacks on one side then move across.

Well what a nightmare......I finally got them out, there wasn't enough of a lip on the RH bearing with the sleeve to have a good go so I ended up having to pull the bearing apart by dremaling the centre and splitting then they just tapped out.

thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom