DO THE TON Mama Tried 3 - Alabama 2012 - New and Improved with event pics!

hellooooooo.. not sure if i'm going to make it this year, but we'll see once it's closer to october. keeping fingers crossed that things smooth out a bit here by then!

go mama! said:
hellooooooo.. not sure if i'm going to make it this year, but we'll see once it's closer to october. keeping fingers crossed that things smooth out a bit here by then!

They better. I'll kidnap you and your child. Besides, burnt oil in mass quantities from various motorcycles is good for what ails ya.

I guess I've got a few months to figure out how to install her carseat on the rd.. or I could just carry her in the baby backpack thingy. Now to find a baby helmet!

Nope, get one of those kid backpack things and some goggles and a pudding bowl. Like an actual pudding bowl and some masking tape to hold it on. Then there can be chocolate covered bacon and gerber's split pea for all!

Ha! That might be the first time anyone's called me that J. Thank you. Of course I assume you're going to make that huge road trip to barber this year... What is it like 3 or 4 miles?
But on the serious you need to drag kiley down to the coast before summer gets away from us! Our new office is like a half a mile from your grandparents' old house.

I should be there. I am not selling anything this year. I think the booth is a good idea just to have a place to hang out and get out of the sun for a bit. Keep a cooler full of drinks there and I'm sure there will always be a DTT member under the tent.

Deviant1 said:
It'll be good to see you and the ole lady again dude. You bringing anyone else up this year?
Gonna be good to see several people. And yes I do need to get down to the coast to visit.

I'll be there with my whole family in tow (plus a bike or two).

We've incorporated it into a week long vacation.

thompsonmx100 said:
I should be there. I am not selling anything this year. I think the booth is a good idea just to have a place to hang out and get out of the sun for a bit. Keep a cooler full of drinks there and I'm sure there will always be a DTT member under the tent.

Eff yes. Glad you and the gal are makin it brother.

go mama! said:
I guess I've got a few months to figure out how to install her carseat on the rd.. or I could just carry her in the baby backpack thingy. Now to find a baby helmet!

I have a harness I used to hold William to me so he could ride, not sure little miss Emmy Lou will be big enough yet but you are welcome to it if I can find it in the mess from moving. It is a 5 point climbing harness rated for 75 lbs and a weigh lifters belt attached together with a pad and some handles. She can fall asleep behind you and can't fall off unless you do too. You can google child riding harness and see them, I couldn't get one as they were back ordered so I made a copy but they are great. Helmet might be the only hard part.

I hope we get to come again this year and see you both again. FB pics are nice but not the same.

Cheers

Ugh, F me dudes. So, here's the scoop. Wife is going down to Puerto Rico with all her girlfriends from grad school the weekend of the 20th. So, because of this, myself, along with the significant others of said girlfriends, are going out to the blessed land of Las Vegas that weekend. Ergo, that's gonna make it so I can't come to Barbers. I really can't afford to a: take two 4 day weekends off back to back, and pay for 2 vacations in one month. As much as I hate it, I'm going to have to miss yet another bike get together. Kinda pisses me off that they're so close together, but gotta pick one, and I haven't been to Vegas in 2 years, and the craps tables are calling. Sorry guys, take plenty of pictures!

Big Rich said:
Have you tried to convince them that they might have more fun at Barbers?

No kidding. No offense to the other dudes and Vegas.....but Vegas ain't got shit on Barbers. Sorry, but from the standpoint of a bike guy, there are three things for a vintage motorcycle lover....Barber's, the Isle of Man TT, and the Bonneville salt flats. Vegas does not fall anywhere into that equation.

'Official' plans are starting to come together for the event :) Let's get as many DTT members down there as possible. Might be looking for a few volunteers to help out this year with the event, and need a designer to come up with some fancy DTT artwork commemorating the annual get-together, so put pencils to paper folks.

Back
Top Bottom