"the Mooch"

carnivorous chicken said:
How about that Arpaio pardon? Someone convicted of violating the principles of the Constitution, with a history of racist policies and of degrading treatment toward prisoners. Ouch.

This is just the left claiming that Trump is a racist or racist sympathizer. Nothing to see here, move along.

@ SavOr: Really? Do you know much about this man's past, his policies, and the judgment against levied by the US District Court? Or his furthering of the birther conspiracy, wholly rooted in racism? The more the right accuses the left of fabricating racism in cases where racism clearly played a role, the more the right looks like it's pretty blind to individual and institutional racism. Sort of like Donny saying there were some good people among those neo-nazis and white sympathizers. Aside from racism, Arpaio is a sadist. I don't expect you or anyone else here to be particularly familiar with theories of punishment, incarceration, etc., but holding a higher moral ground over those you imprison is generally considered a good thing. Look up Arpaio's record of abuses as well as the dollar amount of judgments levied against him. I lived in Arizona for two decades; aside from the conviction the only good thing about Arpaio was the fact that he was finally voted out.

@ teaser: And, most disturbingly, it is a clear message to Trump cronies that you can lie on the stand and if you're convicted he will pardon you. This is a pardon for a violation of the Constitution. You're right about authors and the inevitability of decline, I just hope this is a bump in the road and not the spiral going down the toilet.

No, not really. It hilarious when Trump debunks his defenders, and he does so systematically through his own incompetence.

Re: "the Mooch"

teazer said:
That one is a no brainer. Chump decided to send a message that as first Emir of these disunited sates, he and his buds can do whatever they want - or what he wants and he has the power of all kings and dictators to do whatever he wants. He is above teh law. He is such a winner that maybe he thinks he is a god.

Approve or disapprove of Sheriff Joe, he was convicted in a court of law and has the right to appeal. At this stage he has not even been sentenced yet. So for El Preidente to step in now and pardon him seems to be completely inappropriate and is a combination of political stunt and to send a warning that he and anyone he likes is above the law. Sad. Very sad.

In a few short months the US has gone from being seen by many as a flawed but generally OK country that leads from the front, to being seen as a petty, failing dictatorship.

There have been a few books and articles written about fallen empires and how the end for the US as a major power is inevitable. I doubt any of those authors saw it coming so fast. Sessions and Trump now want to make it into a military state and want to give police forces even more military equipment so they can rigidly enforce the law on anyone that gets out of line.

Not a good time to be not rich or not white. Of course over time as the economy falters and civil unrest grows, those billionaire buddies he is trying to impress will be less happy too, so I guess in the end everyone loses out to some degree. That sounds more like a Bannon plan.

The reason it's "disunited" is because the left lost the election and for some reason needs to blame US Deplorables.

Do you really want to compare presidential pardons?

I'm white and Indian not rich or poor... I earn my way and so should everyone else. I don't see any economic crisis any time soon, fear mongering has always been the governments job... now it's been taken over by the Liberal Left AKA Snowflakes.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Tune-A-Fish© said:
The reason it's "disunited" is because the left lost the election and for some reason needs to blame US Deplorables.

So it was all candy canes and rainbows when Obama was in office?

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sonreir said:
So it was all candy canes and rainbows when Obama was in office?

Well seems Trump gets the blame for Bary's obvious racist intent to piss off the blacks.

irk miller said:
Obama commuted his sentence. He didn't pardon him.

Ok. Still should of been hung imo.

But the fact Joe was pardoned won't end democracy and certainly the guy did far more good than bad. Prison should be hell not a hotel, maybe we would have less idiots in jail if we had more Joes.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Ok. Still should of been hung imo.

But the fact Joe was pardoned won't end democracy and certainly the guy did far more good than bad. Prison should be hell not a hotel, maybe we would have less idiots in jail if we had more Joes.

Not a great job there, Tuna, was expecting better from you. You know, like someone who swore to uphold the constitution but repeatedly violated it, someone who did such a shitty job they cost their employer millions, someone who was a racist who bragged about running concentration camps and who was pardoned before he was sentenced. That's the apt comparison I'm looking for, not a 75-year-old who did half his life in jail and who's sentence was commuted so he could die at home.

"Bary's obvious racist intent to piss off the blacks" (sic) -- definitely wasn't the preponderance of cell phone footage of POC being gunned down by police or neighborhood watch guys, being choked to death, being shot while being a kid in a playground, or any of that nonsense, or the fact that courts don't convict. Or the exposure that Ferguson was targeting POC for revenue. Or the fact that Trump praised people who marched with neo-nazis and white supremacists as some good people? Definitely none of that. What did "Bary" do again? It's been so long I've forgotten how he stoked the fires of race war.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Well seems Trump gets the blame for Bary's obvious racist intent to piss off the blacks.

Not that Obama had some secret plot to piss of African Americans, but even if he did, how would that be racist?

Trump supporters were angry over Obama's response to Katrina victims, but Trump failed to meet even a single Harvey victim. Where's the empathy of him? If he's such a great guy he could slum it up with some normal people for a minute or two.

Sav0r said:
Not that Obama had some secret plot to piss of African Americans, but even if he did, how would that be racist?

Trump supporters were angry over Obama's response to Katrina victims, but Trump failed to meet even a single Harvey victim. Where's the empathy of him? If he's such a great guy he could slum it up with some normal people for a minute or two.

Not sure if that was sarcasm...

But Obama wasn't in office during Katrina

VonYinzer said:
Not sure if that was sarcasm...

But Obama wasn't in office during Katrina

Not sarcasm. Trump supporters were literally complaining that Obama's response to Katrina was worse than Trumps response to Harvey. This despite the fact that he wasn't president for another three years. These are the people who voted for Trump.

Attachments

• odp.JPG
    odp.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 218

You all keep forgetting the fact that I stated several times... I associate the Name Trump as a movement not a man. Wearing blinders and not even considering what this has done FOR America will never make you or your drivel correct.

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:
You all keep forgetting the fact that I stated several times... I associate the Name Trump as a movement not a man. Wearing blinders and not even considering what this has done FOR America will never make you or your drivel correct.

What exactly has this Trump "movement" done for America that was beneficial?

I haven't seen too much improvement from where I sit, but I'm on the outside looking in.

What would you describe the Trump movement as?

Just wondering how someone who supported the movement see's it.

farmer92 said:
What exactly has this Trump "movement" done for America that was beneficial?

I haven't seen too much improvement from where I sit, but I'm on the outside looking in.

What would you describe the Trump movement as?

Just wondering how someone who supported the movement see's it.

I've been asking that first question here since he was elected, and nobody seems able to answer it. Trump has taken credit for the economy and jobs, but the economy is still reflected Obama-era policy, and jobs as well (despite the claim of some pundits that these are Trump accomplishments). Emboldened white nationalists and racists? Some people would herald those as accomplishments -- but not me or likely most people here. Created an environment ripe for (literally physically) attacking POC and other minorities? Again, some people might find that an accomplishment, but not many people here. Set back American diplomacy with Europe, Mexico, and just about everywhere else and threatened North Korea with belligerence? I guess if you have little understanding about how the government is supposed to function you might think that leaving critical positions unfilled is an accomplishment. Ah... I've got one. He's accomplished the most turnarounds, firings, dismissals and resignations of cabinet and other important positions. So there's that. He hasn't engineered the complete collapse of the economy or the government, so there's that too. American institutions seem to be holding up despite his desire to work around them, that's an accomplishment.

But really, I'm interested in hearing this list of accomplishments because, clearly, I'm an idiotic naysayer. So let's have 'em.

Back
Top Bottom