www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Cafe Racers / Re: The Worst Ducati in Dallas
« Last post by doc_rot on Today at 15:49:03 »
I use Fiberlay for my stuff, they have the bagging material, and anything else you might need. They have a material called "Strechalon" for bagging that is great for getting in tight compound curves as it will flex unlike the regular plastic bags. They were local to me at one time. They are extremely knowledgeable and have been very helpful to me in my projects in the past so I have continued to use them.
Cafe Racers / Re: 75 CB250 New Build
« Last post by MiniatureNinja on Today at 15:42:26 »
how would a straight pipe go on this, a proper one that goes to the rear not a short one? i have the header pipes but but i don't have the actual mufflers and i don't wanna spend heaps on new ones

as long as it goes to about the rear axle (or end of rear tire even better) then you are good... mufflers don't matter that much from a performance standpoint but straight pipes are kind of obnoxious (and make people hate us, especially if you are gonna ratbike it out with rust and army green) maybe something like a slashcut shorty? they are small and look good
Trackers / Re: xs650 Sumotrack
« Last post by doc_rot on Today at 15:40:21 »
Here you go man, I dig the stripe you picked. IMHO you got a lot of different colors going on and the stripes are an opportunity to unify, so I took a little liberty and tried a couple other color combos. Now that the stripes are drawn its easy to change colors. let me know if you want to try something else.
Cafe Racers / Re: The Worst Ducati in Dallas
« Last post by rentedshoes on Today at 15:22:17 »
Does anybody have a source for vacuum bagging materials? Specifically the plastic bags.
Engines / Re: Yamaha RD350 oil pump help needed
« Last post by firebane on Today at 14:50:06 »
You will need to pull the clutch cover and everything is behind there. Once your there replace some o-rings and make sure all gears are in place. 

Pretty simple really.
Loungin at da club / Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase
« Last post by grandpaul on Today at 14:45:21 »
Great write up! Only question I have is what should be put down for the VT license number when I (clearly) don't have one? I assume they're fine with you putting in a different state for the "address where you live" though?
Correct, you apply from ANY STATE, send required paperwork, pay the fees, they send you reg & plate. Period.
Great write up! Only question I have is what should be put down for the VT license number when I (clearly) don't have one? I assume they're fine with you putting in a different state for the "address where you live" though?

Yes -- I used my info from Mass, and that's where they mailed everything as well. They don't seem to have an issue with that.
Bodywork / Painting / Plating / Re: Rattle Can an ENGINE? Kawasaki KZ
« Last post by hidn45 on Today at 13:56:34 »
old thread, new post -

There's a product called ACF50 (Anti Corrosion Formula), originally developed for aircraft (by Lear, maybe?).  Amazon has it.  It's a clear, penetrating spray, hi-temp/ low-temp resistant.  Clean your motor, as you've done, spray it on, done.  Has become very popular with guys in Britain who ride in the rain & slop a lot.  I know a guy in Western New York who swears by it for his snowplows, as anti-salt protection.  Most guys get a year or 2 with it before re-application, depending upon what conditions you ride in.

Some guys also just spray WD-40 on their engine after a good clean, too, that's an option....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10