Streetfighters...today's Cafe racers?

Fossil

Over quite a few years I've built a number of bikes including a couple of featherbed specials and a Velocette Venom Clubman. This is my 1st Japanese bike and it's become an ongoing project. 1983 GPz1100 with 1170 10.25:1 Wiseco kit, 36mm RS carbs, Hindle pipe, GSXR750 forks, ZX9 wheels etc and a cheapo spray can paint job. Hope to get out to the DQ meet one monday.

I def. agree that current/modern day "streetfighters" have taken the place where "cafe" bikes used to be.
It is really easy for some kid to go buy a used Honda CBR600 and rip the plastics off to make it a "streetfighter".
I am all about making a bike your own....

i posted somethin similar.
street fighter or cafe racer..
this is wear i was kinda goin with it,i feel there 2days cafe's.
if im wrong,oops,but what the hey.there both killer rides.

+1.. I agree on that front..
Cafe Racers of the 50's & 60's were all about removing shit, (fenders, tool boxes, etcc.) to make it lighter and faster, usually done in your own garage.
Street Fighters are of the same idea...

Where do Street Trackers add into the equation? Not quite Cafe Racer, and definitely not Street Fighter...

redlynr said:
Where do Street Trackers add into the equation? Not quite Cafe Racer, and definitely not Street Fighter...

A streetifed dirt tracker, distant cousin to the supermotard. Distinguishing features include 19" wheels, flat solo seat, upsweep pipes, 1 gallon tank and very torquey motor.

Back
Top Bottom