Hoooly crap-this is expensive...

Really nice bike but it doesn't say its titled, may be more trouble than its worth?

PJ

Kev Nemo said:
but nice. http://killeen.craigslist.org/mcy/1559555061.html

Perfect bike for the guy who has the money and doesn't want to or can't do the work.

Likely it has the title from the engine donor bike.

klx678 said:
Likely it has the title from the engine donor bike.

Hmmm... the frame looks pretty much like stock T140 to me, doesn't it?

Best regards
Sven

Good eye, Sven-the neck gusset is wrong, the center down pipe is thicker and the shock mount isn't far enough back. Maybe it's a different model TM?

scm said:
Hmmm... the frame looks pretty much like stock T140 to me, doesn't it?

Best regards
Sven

You're absolutely right. There's that rubber plug in the frame at the head set where the wiring is going, not to mention the passenger peg mount on the left side and the side stand lug all just like on a 140 frame, based on my google searches. Then the way that the rear frame loop joins the frame different from the Trackmaster frames (which don't have passenger pegs) and the upper shock mount "knobs"- all 140. Looks like someone's blowing smoke up the tails of those on craigslist. No way that bike is a $9500 bike, lucky to be worth $5000 if that.

Well, according to alot of knowledgable people, a motorcycle is whatever you want to label it- I've decided that my bike was built by the mighty Dick Mann himself, was used in the fence jumping scene of "The Great Escape", is capable of outrunning a modern sportbike, and brings women to orgasm with the twist of the throttle. 'Tis the magic of the internets, I tell ya! ::)

Kev Nemo said:
Well, according to alot of knowledgable people, a motorcycle is whatever you want to label it- I've decided that my bike was built by the mighty Dick Mann himself, was used in the fence jumping scene of "The Great Escape", is capable of outrunning a modern sportbike, and brings women to orgasm with the twist of the throttle. 'Tis the magic of the internets, I tell ya! ::)

Yeah, you can label it whatever you want to, but if you sell it under some misrepresentation there is a legal wad of trouble to be had. The point being that bike does not have a Trackmaster frame which is one of the main points that would give it value. A stock T140 Triumph frame is not a Trackmaster frame. the former is worth a hundred bucks the latter possibly a grand or more.

I'd be kind of pissed if I bought a bike with the assurances it was something only to learn it wasn't. Especially when it comes to resale value. It could land things in court.

True, but it tooks us about 5 minutes on Google Images to figure out it ain't what it claims to be. Caveat emptor but c'mon; reminds me of the Carpy bike in the lounge area that's $25k. A little research and BAM!-you could have 5 really awesome bikes built for that kind of money to your specs. More dollars than sense. ;D

klx678 said:
Yeah, you can label it whatever you want to, but if you sell it under some misrepresentation there is a legal wad of trouble to be had. The point being that bike does not have a Trackmaster frame which is one of the main points that would give it value. A stock T140 Triumph frame is not a Trackmaster frame. the former is worth a hundred bucks the latter possibly a grand or more.

I'd be kind of pissed if I bought a bike with the assurances it was something only to learn it wasn't. Especially when it comes to resale value. It could land things in court.

You must be one of the so called "Tracker Gods" I've heard about on the forum...
I dont think your google'ing is enough fact to claim it's not a trackmaster (I wouldn't know). Swing arm could be stock. And as far as buying something, than finding out "it's not what it's supposed to be" could land thinks in court goes. < Thats whats wrong with america today..... No accountibiltiy! I wanna sue because I didn't know any better..... Lame!

Not nine grand worth. But a nice bike. And that is all up to the purchaser... If they are in love w/ it. Let them pay 12. Thats why I built. Right customer. Right time = $....
Louie

Swapmeet Louie said:
You must be one of the so called "Tracker Gods" I've heard about on the forum...
I dont think your google'ing is enough fact to claim it's not a trackmaster (I wouldn't know). Swing arm could be stock. And as far as buying something, than finding out "it's not what it's supposed to be" could land thinks in court goes. < Thats whats wrong with america today..... No accountibiltiy! I wanna sue because I didn't know any better..... Lame!

Not nine grand worth. But a nice bike. And that is all up to the purchaser... If they are in love w/ it. Let them pay 12. Thats why I built. Right customer. Right time = $....
Louie

Obviously you don't know. It so happens a few of us actually know what to look for even in a picture. Especially those of us who actually watched those kind of bikes on the flat track and even did a bit of racing. Hell, I still go to flat track races and check out the vintage flat trackers at Ashland during the vintage bike weekend here in Ohio. I think it's more about being flat track enthusiasts than your "tracker gods".

For what it's worth, due to the time of year, it's pretty hard to go find a Trackmaster frame to look at. Of course I could go up to my one friend's place near where I used to live and take a look at one, since he does have one, but I'm not. That simple google search of frames and bikes was plenty to verify what the other person pointed out.

Your comment about misrepresentation is kind of BS too. Suppose someone sold you a 427 AC Cobra for the going rate of an authentic one for $500,000 then you found out it was actually a kit car replica, many of which are so close to the same as the original that it takes an expert to tell, worth about 1/4 of that half million. You telling me you wouldn't go to court to get your money back? You'd take it on the chin, because that's what's wrong with America, too many law suits? I'd say you'd be there so fast it'd make our heads spin. What's wrong with America is everyone trying to screw everyone else for money. And misrepresentation is the worst of it. From a motorcycle dealer misrepresenting 1971 Hondas as 73s back in 73 before frames were tagged (yes, that did happen, Rick Case in Ohio did it) to the more recent subprime loan practices.

Kev Nemo said:
True, but it tooks us about 5 minutes on Google Images to figure out it ain't what it claims to be. Caveat emptor but c'mon; reminds me of the Carpy bike in the lounge area that's $25k. A little research and BAM!-you could have 5 really awesome bikes built for that kind of money to your specs. More dollars than sense. ;D

Us who knew what to look for, but what about the guy who "don't know" and takes someone's printed word for it? You saying you wouldn't be upset if you bought a diamond that someone had in writing that it was a diamond, then found it was cubic zirconium? You'd let it slide?

I guess we were wrong to point out the error in the ad. Rather than learn what we saw and why, all anyone did was fault us. Go ahead and get screwed some time because of ignoring some of what some of us talk about.

Back
Top Bottom