CB400/4 UK Build "NEW VIDEO, Three years on"

Will it ever work again!!!

• Who knows

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Not me

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
rundown said:
Seeing your video it appears that the hedgerows are really close to the roads in the UK? Must be a lot of surprises as cars pull out of side roads?
Bike looks to go very well,

Hedgerows ARE the sides of the roads in the UK! Most hedgerows are protected by law, some were planted eons before the US was even invented. They are like eco crash barriers.

thanks guys ya bout time too,
The hedgerows look a lot closer then i was riding, 160 lens on the Drift Ghost S tends to do that,
But the bike rides really sweet though and at the mow its layed up over the winter so i can do a few more jobs

You've done such a very nice job of the 400/4. I've just found this thread and now see a lot of similarity of ideas.

On my CBX550 project I'm looking to go with a single speedo, reposition the ignition switch and add idiot lights (the very same one's on ebay), but maybe into the headlight bowl. Love your blanking plate, fuses are housed in that position on the CBX so might have to leave it for now?

Side panels - I am going to use punched ally to form one off side panels as I'm retaining the airbox/filter/battery housing so might as well cover them up with brushed ally cover to match the f/r alloy mudguards? I have punched stainless on the brakes so the detailing will flow I hope.

Just picked up a '77 400/4 that has been standing for 15yrs for my son to fix up and linked him this thread. Cheers Colin

Thanks Collin
The CBX is a nice bike to work with all the best with that one and i hope your son enjoys his build let me know when he starts it

jeff4uk said:
..... i hope your son enjoys his build let me know when he starts it

He's started on the 400/4, easi-outed a broken spark plug body!! Cleaning the carbs ready for a start attempt. Clutch needs work. So far so good....more anon.

Back
Top Bottom