rickman restoration

nothing big, should have plenty of stuff done over christmas though.
Picked up some drag pipes :p im sure ill piss some purists off with them.
SAM_0241.jpg

SAM_0248.jpg

SAM_0247.jpg

Coming along nicely.

Saw this Honda powered Rickman at a locak meet:

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

And this Kawi powered one:

DSC04576.jpg

DSC04575.jpg

Where, perchance, did you find those pipes?

I've been looking for some like that and have been coming up blank.

Do you know the manufacturer?

That's a seriously tight bike you've got there!

Cheers!

Funny question.
a friend has a bare frame and we are thinking about building something fun with it.

two problems

first its missing the swing arm. its literally just a frame. Any options to run the stock arm? or source a rickman arm?
Other thing is that at some point the neck welds cracked and were re welded but are ugly and not fitting with the rest of the frame. i know that the frame was raced heavily but is this common?

surffly said:
Funny question.
a friend has a bare frame and we are thinking about building something fun with it.

two problems

first its missing the swing arm. its literally just a frame. Any options to run the stock arm? or source a rickman arm?
Other thing is that at some point the neck welds cracked and were re welded but are ugly and not fitting with the rest of the frame. i know that the frame was raced heavily but is this common?

I would check ebay. I see plenty of rickman montesa swingarms on there but i cant say i have seen many CR swing arms.
Heres a comparison of stock honda and rickman:
SAM_0020.jpg

The stock is longer and a little wide. Im sure you could make it fit with adjustments, but i would look into 70s british swing arms. I cant say for sure what would fit but i think British is more likely.

Bozz said:
Where, perchance, did you find those pipes?

I've been looking for some like that and have been coming up blank.

Do you know the manufacturer?

That's a seriously tight bike you've got there!

Cheers!

I wish i could help you out more man, but there is no sign of a brand on them. I got them at a swap meet from a guy who was selling a bunch of 70s drag stuff (he used to race). Your best bet would be to get in touch with guys who used to drag and find out which exhaust brands were popular in that scene.

Beautiful! I too was hoping to see a Kawi engine after reading the title, but it's a stunning build regardless...

Rickman 101:

If you need a OEM fairing just like the one on that Rickman Kawasaki shown in the previous post by 78KZ, let me know. It's just gathering dust.

LS

Yes, they're fine machines. This one was mine until a couple of years ago. A great bike, but at 6' 2", I felt like a circus clown riding a mini-bike.

Attachments

• 1971 Rickman Interceptor 750 small.jpg
    1971 Rickman Interceptor 750 small.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 304
She's living in France with a friend now. With any luck, I'll get to ride her again in the not too distant future.

Attachments

• Rickman in France small.jpg
    Rickman in France small.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 653
Back
Top Bottom