Carter's Cafe 360 (Vivian) (First Build)

Re: Mr Carter's Cafe 360

Shouldn't matter too much. None of those systems draw too much current.

Oh yes! She is starting to look like a bike!
IMG_1672-3.jpg

Loving those DCC billet riser bushings!
IMG_1671-3.jpg

IMG_1674-1.jpg

She is standing on her own. Installed new front and rear wheel bearings and installed my relocated kick stand. I was a little concerned about the angle of the stand since I moved it but it turned out great
IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

My 5 year old showing her approval.
IMG_1679.jpg

Re: Carter's Cafe 360 (First Build)

Guy's, I spent the night in the garage and got the engine in, put my carbs together, and rough cut my dash. I do have an issue. Somehow I misplaced the lower rear engine mount bolt,spacer,and nuts. I looked everwhere in the garage and nothing. This is the bolt that holds on the pegs as well. I found the bolt on ebay but it is in cali. I placed the order and hopefully it gets here soon. I will toss up some pics tonight.

Looking good. You may want to fix your clubmans though. The proper angle is to turn them forward about another 90°. The curved sections coming off of the risers should be parallel to the forks.

Clubman bars originated as a way to get around a "no clipon" rule in racing and so the angle of the control bars should mimic clipons. That is, the straight sections of the bars should look like they would join up directly to the forks if it weren't for the curve bringing it back up to the riser.

Not sure I'm describing this very well... Maybe this pic would help?

252591_10150267857965159_734955158_8907987_6402720_n.jpg

I was at that stage about a couple months ago, which seems like a long time, but after the roller it goes fast.

Definitely. Finally having a roller really gives a boost to morale and motivation.

Bruno, thanks brother! Sonreir, I will defiantly adjust the clubmans. I am a super rookie to building and motor-scoots in general so tips from you guy's is greatly appreciated! Sonreir I cannot wait to get my gauge layovers and led's installed. I just received my tappet valve tools, feeler gauges, carb sync gauges, and ngk spark plug boots from z1. Tonight I am going to install my new points and condenser and start wiring. I also need to find a mounting spot for my hondaman ignition. Keep the comments and suggestions coming.......I am at the point where tips will be needed.

The Hondaman ignition was a tricky one to mount. It's just a metal rectangle with some wires coming out of it. First and foremost, the screws on the side are to hold the internal circuitry in place. DO NOT remove them (like I did). To mount it, I suggest something like zipties. Even better would be a proper bracket with some bungees; kind of like the stock battery box but much smaller.

Sonreir, thanks for the tip. I am guessing screw removal has been an issue. The hondaman now comes labeled to not remove the screws ;) . Ok updates........I installed my new points and condenser, Polished my coil mount, installed some new ngk boots, soldiered my new rectifier, and made a pretty trick alloy tray for all my electronics.
rectifier
IMG_1693.jpg

Points/condensor
IMG_1690.jpg

tray
IMG_1694.jpg

mock up
IMG_1695.jpg

cutting foam to line the edge of tray for cover and eliminate vibration
IMG_1696.jpg

My winter project (78 T140V Cafe)
IMG_1697.jpg

Question? I wrapped my headers last night and am a bit confused on the mount procedure. I have a full gasket set that came with the copper crush sleaves and that part is self explanitory. I dont understand the shim placement with the header collar. Does anyone have a pic for this old country boy?

I f its like any other honda, the header has a flange the sits aginst the head. You should have 2 half (shim things) they have a plain end and an end with a flange. 1st Put header collar on the pipe, 2nd put the pipe in place, 3rd put the to half pieces on the pipe aginst the head with the collar piece facing away from the motor, last slide the collar up and bolt it down. Does that kinda explain it?

Good looking build. I love to look at other 360's always gives me inspiration.

This should help! ;D Except i realized that it may be more confusing than needed. The "flat" part I was talking about is the other side of the part that does NOT have a flange. (sorry about that)

Attachments

• Collarpics.JPG
    Collarpics.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 228

Guy's she is moving along. I have had a few set backs but am still making some progress.
Started on my seat pan
IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

One of my buddies volunteered to paint my tank. I went with BMW Space Grey. After he cleared it the paint seperated. I decided to scuff the paint and try my hand at painting. I noticed a small dent in the top so i applied some red bondo spot putty. The next morning I began sanding the putty smooth and the paint started coming off like hot bubble gum? I am guessing the spot filler reacted with the paint? Any advise? Tonight im going to sand blast the tank to get rid of all the paint and clear. SUCKS!

Back
Top Bottom