Talking about sidecars..............

Garage Rat said:
Even a glass top would be easy to make.

Rat - I have NO space, NO spare bike fund cash - but I am sorely tempted! All this talk of chairs has just reminded me what a bunch of fun they were. Then I'd have to drag my BMW R100 chassis out of storage, and THAT would divert me from my other projects - damn, so little time left [ relative ].

Found, Had to share:

awesome-funny-photos-thechive-19.jpg

Garage Rat said:
Found, Had to share:

awesome-funny-photos-thechive-19.jpg

Oh you tease ......I'm having enough trouble NOT hitting the "buy it now" button as it is !

So - imagine this outfit with a 60's BMW Rennsport fairing and I'm in heaven.

KGrHqUOKnQE3dHvYufBN8zWfuTiQ0_12.jpg

Is that the Wasp outfit Erskine ?? Also silly cheap at the mo. Last time I looked the leading link forks were worth the bid price !

Must be something in the wind ........ I've been bideing my time for one of these to come up on evilbay and late last night this appeared ......... A lightweight scaled down Bantam/Francis Barnet trials Chair!
How freaky is that.

bantamchair.jpg

Suffice to say I now own said chair :) Eeek!

Get ready for lots of chair related questions.

The pic of your bike is the one from Mick Walkers Cafe Racer book yes?

IS that the the original Max Deubel Rennsport outfit or a replica?

teazer said:
The pic of your bike is the one from Mick Walkers Cafe Racer book yes?

IS that the the original Max Deubel Rennsport outfit or a replica?

The pix [ as I credited ] were from Mike Clays' book "Cafe Racers" published by Osprey. Those pix have appeared in just about everyone's books on the subject !

There's very little in the way of fresh images - I'm trying to dredge up a few from my limited contacts for my planned coffee table book.

I'm pretty certain the bike is one of Max' original sitter outfits. I know the kneeler has been replicated [ twice I think ]. I'm pretty certain that's the old boy giving it an airing at a cavalcade in Germany. Note a few extra pounds and the modern lid. There were at least 2 kneelers and Max was one of the last hold outs to shift to kneeler.

Here they are -"in the day"

mdeubel_m.jpg

Cool. I recognized the picture and found it it in Mick walker's book first and later on I dragged out my copy of Mike Clay's book and there it was in that one too.

There was a nice sidecar setup at the bike show I went to yesterday. Too bad my phone won't let me get the pics out of it.

Back
Top Bottom