77 CJ360. "Sadie"

got more done today. the bike is down off the jack, the exhaust is mounted, front brake is on.

i got to sit on it and go vroom vroom for the first time today as well. bonus.

00bc78b0.jpg

1f54b45f.jpg

Attachments

• feda6521.jpg
    feda6521.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 334
Started her up the other day. The carbs were peeing has more so than before. Float gets stuck on the left side. Thankfully, pj said he could take a look and work his magic for me. So out they went to the guru. Ill get to meet him and thank him in person next weekend as he lives an afternoon drive away...

Anyway. The horn wasn't honking, so I cleaned the contacts and it works fine now. But I have another hiccup as far as the turn signals are concerned. The right side, both front and rear seem to work fine, both being dimly lit when not engaged and taking turns flashing when engaged. The problem lays within the left side though. I don't kno if it was a wiring mess up or what, but the front is the only bulb that illuminates when the signals are not engaged, leaving the rear completely dark. Then when the left turn signal is engaged, only the rear flashes, leaving the front blinker dark. I did my best to show this is the video below. Any electrical wiz have any ideas out there?

Any advice is appreciated.

24ae8d70.jpg

510f7f88.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRPXSUJcFI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Were your original fronts dual filiment running/turns? Are the new aftermarket single filiment, flashers only? Sounds like you may have used the wrong wire up front. both my old hondas had dual front, single rears and so when I went to aftermarket singles front and back I had to cap off the front running light wires and just hook the flashing ones up. They are out until switched, then flash. Also, on the 450, they don't always flash unless the bike is running as there is just not quite enough juice to power the flasher unit. Not sure if that helps but nice work so far on the build.

Got the signals working correctly. Just had to swap some ground connections around... Go figure. Anyway, here's proof.

All I have to do now is pick up the carbs from PJ this weekend, and next week we should be running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHzh2P1DWGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

Received the side covers for the air filters from paint today. Just got them resprayed gloss black. I couldn't get the shadow from the decals gone in the original black.

11803556.jpg

70174eda.jpg

i took her for the first ride down the street today. everything is great except the tach doesnt seem to be working. ill figure that out tomorrow. the bit inside the jacket spins, but i guess something is up with the actual dial...

but thanks to PJ my carbs are ready to go, all jetted and synced, i just put new float bowl orings on and dammit if the gas leak stopped right there. :) put the k&n filters on and put the nice shiny side covers on. ill take some proper glamour shots this weekend and put up a show and shine topic for her. but in the mean time...

59cb3f8c.jpg

b20ec2d0.jpg

6b13aef2.jpg

87a58143.jpg

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

Disassembled the tach and blew it out and oiled it a bit, it now works just fine. Now I'll stick the housing back together and ride it home for lunch. I'll post the video tonight.

Thanks for the kind words, there are some things I would still change. But it's rideable now and not bad for my first time rebuilding... :)

good idea to stick w the stock airboxs for now...til you get bored with it running good...and need something to F with.

I found a HUGE problem w new carb kits this morning...and fixed it easily!!! but you may need to pull carbs, clean and check fuel jets and air jets.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37188.new#new

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

Hmm. Funny you should mention that. I had planned on keeping stick jetting. But I guess it got lost somewhere in translation with pj that I wanted pods. But it's all good. There's a little bog at high rpms. But she sure sounds sweet. I'll read up on that post.

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

Stock jetting*... Man I love autocorrect on iPhones...

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

Getting back to work on this bike after buying and messing around with a tu250 for a while...

Anyways

When I finished the CJ, there was still a little electrical issue pertaining to the turn signals that has been bugging me. I will attempt to see what I can figure out on my own but I figure there's no harm in consulting the knowledgable crowd here first.

What's going on here is with the turn signal indicator idiot light on the speedo/tach gauges... It is brightly illuminated from the moment i turn the key to provide power to the bike. That is, unless either turn signal is on, then it flashes appropriately. All 4 turn signals are on as well,(Luke running lights), they just flash off and on when I flip the switch left or right.
But am I wrong or should the idiot light be OFF until I engage a turn signal indicator? Should all the turn signals be off completely until engaged? I'm pretty thats the case, but I really don't know where to start to get it to switch. Any help is appreciated...

77 CJ360. "Sadie"

How she sits now. Just for shits.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364229045.535110.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364229045.535110.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 302
77 CJ360. "Sadie"

I put the stock bars from my TU and put them on the CJ for a more comfortable ride going two-up with my lady. Had one last photo session before its time to put Sadie away for a year.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006812.744904.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006812.744904.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 293
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006915.511259.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006915.511259.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 304
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006949.425842.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374006949.425842.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 335
Re: 77 CJ360. "Sadie"

So it's been a while since I have posted anything. But naturally, the bike looks a little different now as I got tired of the way things were looking - mainly the rear cowl. I bought an old in covered stock seat pan off ebay and hacked off the tail. I took it to my local upholstery lady with some pictures of seats I liked and she came up with a gorgeous piece that bolts right up and still allows me easy access to my battery and helmet locks. It's shorter but still has just enough room for two.
Also, my stock gauges that I re-faced finally gave into the gd humidity that is the southeast and started to warp. So I bought some new ones off dcc hooked them up with a cb360 idiot-light off to the left side.

cc3469ffd00ad9e85075bb6c5be73977.jpg

4b3e1a5fa5db7a08a7a4b535ddabc798.jpg

8c83a3818bc15444c5f2b214324298de.jpg

0b77963d5396c5e487e6b38e6a034e22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom