CB 450-CL 450 WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?

Found a vinyl decal maker on e-bay getting some rising sun decals in orange 3.5 x 5 hope they match close should be cool.

Clear coated some parts today. I am waiting for a gasket for the clutch case to show up so I can install my motor. Ordered a decal off ebay for my tank, think it should look sweet. Did some clean up to the CB450 today, and strip the old front end off while I wait for parts for the CL. A quick look to see what the CBR front end would look like.
IMG090.jpg
IMG091.jpg
IMG092.jpg

Some how end up working on cb more lately to get out and ride, but it seems like I am running into problems at every turn. I did make some progress today got CBR600 front end on today.
IMG094.jpg

are you going to slip the cbr rear wheel on to it too? front look sweet as......

Little update things are going slow, but making some headway. Really like the look of the front drum brake and tire together.
IMG100.jpg
IMG104.jpg
IMG103.jpg
IMG102.jpg

Picked up a CL 450 exhaust for 10.00 bucks, but muffler is rusted out may cut them off at start of muffler. Not sure about no baffle or different back pressure.

Got wire harness in to day. Brakes hooked up. Making a mount for speedo only. Hope to have everything together soon.
IMG108.jpg
IMG107.jpg

man this is looking good! love that frame colour ;) can't help but say Nice! out loud every time I check your build :D

I was hoping to fire bike up this weekend, but it did not happen. I got some fab work done on speed gauge. New chain cut to length and installed. All cables and brakes hooked up. Making custom mount for new brake light and license plate. New plug caps and spark plugs in. Bought some Uni foam air filter, I think they will fit inside of side covers, which would be cool.
IMG122.jpg
IMG121.jpg
IMG108-1.jpg

Looks great! That's about the same spot that I cut my fender at. That mount really sets the light in the right place too.

JEANIOUS!
bluesmoke69 said:
Came up with this I am sure someone has done it before. Used my vise and ratchet strap as a spring compressor. Looks funny but worked great, just thought I would share it with everyone.
IMG088.jpg

Back
Top Bottom