1976 cb550k - Restoration time, and then some : )

arcanine_smile

I finally did it! Got around to getting my first bike and incidentally, first project. She's a little rough but nothing that some time and effort can't fix. It's a 1976 cb550k and is fairly whole, no serious parts missing. The engine turns, doesn't start so that's going to be my first obstacle. Could be the carbs just need cleaning, it was sitting for I'm not even sure how many years. I've never attempted anything like this so it's going to be a helluva adventure. Feel free to leave any suggestions you may have, I'll be posting up problems and progress the whole way. Tomorrow's going to be my first day really spent working on it so we'll see what happens. First concern is getting the bike running, I'll worry about all the fun designs and stuff after : D

Attachments

• cb550.jpg
    cb550.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 701
Consider it all a part of the learning process, by the time your done you'll know your bike inside and out. Their isn't too much on these old Honda's that can't be fixed given the desire, plenty of parts for them too. If your doing a rebuild, couple thoughts....download the manual it'll be your best resource, get an engine stand(car ones go for $65) easy modification, it'll make life much easier, hand held impact driver (ESSENTIAL for getting screws out of cases, head etc), remember PB blaster is your friend, take lots of pics and label everything, do your homework and you shud be fine. Good luck!

Respect
CD

Back
Top Bottom