New member budget build CB400A Cafe/Brat or what ever it turns into

Messing around with some paint. I decided on this color it is Sherwin Williams Sher-Kem Industrial Enamel tinted to a basic white called pearly. I think it micks the coating of yesteryear. And at a cost of $30 a gal cant be beat. Still needs a light sand and another coat. I may paint the side covers black though. Also doing a pin stripe on front fender tank and rear fender.

2012-06-08_14-47-13_520.jpg

2012-06-08_14-47-01_838.jpg

2012-06-08_14-29-42_252.jpg

2012-06-08_14-29-29_208.jpg

looks pretty rad man. are you going to do anything with your instruments? dropping them down a bit?

Mr.Wilde said:
looks pretty rad man. are you going to do anything with your instruments? dropping them down a bit?

Yea the cluster is going to come down about 1.5-2.5 to rest right above the headlight, something along these lines just need to get some longer bolts and ruts.
2012-06-09_12-10-03_435.jpg

2012-06-09_12-13-16_857.jpg

Painted Rims, Frame, and Engine. Still need to wet sand and do a few more coats. Im trying to kick it in high gear as I want to ride. So I think after paint and graphics im gonna call it good for now

CAM00021.jpg

You doin the age old, made famous by the man himself "bobbercult", tape the whole bike and spray bomb it trick?

Ive always though clubmans were meant to be the poor mans clip ons, and run in a position similar to clips..

IE: Facing down more, rather then out.

But I dont know, never had them.

Looks good for a budget build (i vote ditch the gauges entirely!!)

tron97 said:
You doin the age old, made famous by the man himself "bobbercult", tape the whole bike and spray bomb it trick?

Ive always though clubmans were meant to be the poor mans clip ons, and run in a position similar to clips..

IE: Facing down more, rather then out.

But I dont know, never had them.

Looks good for a budget build (i vote ditch the gauges entirely!!)

I didn't realize someone could make famous spray painting anything... but with that being said that is basically the short of it: mask off all non painted surfaces prime, wet sand, paint, wet sand, paint, wet sand, paint, wet sand, clear coat, wet sand with 2000 and clear once more. The tank and side cover are not rattle canned they are sprayed with my HVLP, I could have used the HVLP on everything else but the can has a little more control. I am a painter by trade (industrial and oem finishes) no half ass flat black rustolem paint job here.

The clubmans feel best at the position, if I did them 100% down it would barley be ride-able. Now if my seat was higher or the ass end jacked up it would be doable but how low I sit it not feasible.

The guages need to go... but I cant do it I already see a speeding ticket in my future

teabowl13 said:
You've done a great job, but I agree...
Time to pt down the tools and go ride that thing!!

Thanks. I think it looks interesting. Suits my personality now perfectly, not really cafe not really anything all that special but that was what I was going for.

Just about finished. Need to mount fenders, wrap headers and that's it..
CAM00045.jpg

CAM00044-1.jpg

CAM00043.jpg

well she is running... took her out for spin. Rear fender rubs so I took that off.. few little odds and ends left but I think it looks good for under $1200 invested including bike. Seat is a little low... i will address that sometime in the future.

CAM00048.jpg

well she is good enough for now. Below are a few more pics.

List of mods:
custom seat
new signals
clubman bars
removed rear fender
chopped front fender
shaved honda logo on motor
painted frame, motor, wheels gloss black
painted fender, tank, and side covers flat creamy white added black pin stripe
lowered gauge cluster

CAM00081.jpg

CAM00080.jpg

CAM00079.jpg

CAM00078.jpg

CAM00075.jpg

CAM00077.jpg

CAM00076.jpg

Re: New member budget build CB400A Cafe/Brat or what ever it turns into

Sweet! Looking good! I love the seat. Great work!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Personal Opinion, put the tape on the headlight on the diagonals. I've got one of these here in the shop and I had no idea it could look cool like that. Well done sir!!

Forget teh tape. It looks naff. And please move the plate back to the rear of the bike - before you get a ticket. And there's no need/point in wrapping teh headers. Just use high temp black paint.

teazer said:
Forget teh tape. It looks naff. And please move the plate back to the rear of the bike - before you get a ticket. And there's no need/point in wrapping teh headers. Just use high temp black paint.

+1 on all counts. No need to take the mods too far.

thanks everyone.. i took the tape off the light looks a lil tarded as far as the plate goes all numbers are visible.. if I get stopped ill change it but for right now that is the best place for it...

teazer said:
Man you brits have some serious words. Shit never gets old to me, we are seriously lacking in are expressive verbiage over here

Naff
"British slang, today meaning uncool, tacky, unfashionable, worthless... or as a softer expletive, in places where one might use "fuck" as in "naff off", "naff all", "naffing about".

Origins of the word are disputed, but it appears to have come from Polari (gay slang), used to dismissively refer to heterosexual people. It was introduced as a less offensive expletive verb ("naff off") in the '70s UK television show, Porridge. "Naff off!" was famously used by Princess Anne in 1982."

Back
Top Bottom