Parts

Weldin810

while searching for replacement parts on honda/direct, some parts there are 2-3 options for the same part. How do i know which i need for my bike.

My bike is a 74 cl125s1, When searching for parts im looking to replace rubber, gaskets, etc.. stuff that may or may not need replacing but new gaskets/o-rings/etc would be better then 40yo rubbers...

Example: when looking at the front wheel diagram, #27 oil seal, i have 4 options to choose from in 2 different sizes. (47x58x7) & (47x60x7)..

I dont know off hand what else is like this, but is my only option to measure the original part? I didnt really want to tear it apart yet if i didnt have to. why the different measurements? what if i had a bike with the part missing, how would i know which to get?

Welcome aboard DTT. You post really belongs in "Help-1-800-Cafe-Help" section, not the "restoration" section.

First off, with any bike you should own and refer to the Honda FACTORY parts and service manuals, not what you see or read online or in a Haynes or Clymer manual. The factory parts manual will have accurate and correct part numbers for your year of bike.

Honda and other manufacturers often shared parts between bike models and years (same girl, different dress) to keep production costs down. As problems arose and/or other parts were cheaper and from another source, they would switch to a different part (and number). In the case of your 38 year bike, not all OEM parts are made or still available so your online source or Honda themselves offers a suitable substitute. Bearings came in different iterations but not oil seals, so you will need to pull your seal, measure the inner, outer diameters and its thickness and then order the appropriate size.

With engine seals and gaskets it is best (and cheaper) to order complete kits from aftermarket manufacturers.

swan said:
Welcome aboard DTT. You post really belongs in "Help-1-800-Cafe-Help" section, not the "restoration" section.

With engine seals and gaskets it is best (and cheaper) to order complete kits from aftermarket manufacturers.

Thanks Swan,

Is there any way for me to move my thread to another section? I went to modify but did not see that option.

I think you need to "notify" the section administrator through the link at the top of this section to request this thread be moved.

Back
Top Bottom