rxs/kmx scrambler thing (first go at building a bike)

nickfixed

So after a few false starts at projects, this is the first one that looks like it's going to be finished.
Having pulled a kmx 125 from a hedge years ago, and recently being given a crash damaged rxs 100, i decided to make something that'll hopefully resemble a scrambler when finished.
i've got a few photo's from the start, and i'll post some current ones soon but i haven't taken any other photos during building up until now.
I'm 18, with no motorcycle training and no help building, just access to tools and a lot of enthusiasm...

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 360
Some more photo's of the stripping down process.

Attachments

• IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 304
milling some dr125 forks out slightly to take the kmx front wheel using a 2 axis vise on a pillar drill.

Attachments

• IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 300
  • IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 311
Good luck Nick, looks like you would be able to get a bit of advice off whoever owns those tools you have access to.

Jim

Yeah, they've taught me to mig weld and many other things, but they don't know anything motorcycle related. so that knowledge is being constantly added to by reading this forum and anything else i can get my hands on, and of course taking things to bits and working out how to put them back together.

just thought i should say that there's alot of recycling going on, i think the only things i'm going to have to buy are bars and a few bits of stock metal.

Nick

Interesting project you got there.

Are you UK based? The reason I ask is that I've not seen an RX-S anywhere apart from the UK - if you need any advise on the RX-S bits let me know.

Thanks for the offer TwinPlug, i'm all the way down in cornwall :)
so, i've done alot of work since the last photos, but took none in the process.
Here's how it is currently, engine in, driving along but no brakes, mudguards or anything cosmetic as yet apart from a seat which i'm attempting to sew this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_2490.JPG
    IMG_2490.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 296
Right, just so it doesn't look like i'm hijacking, i forgot the password and my old email so i couldn't get into my account, so this is the new me...
I'll get some more pictures up soon, and yes she's a beauty, the smoothest lathe i've had the pleasure of using so far.

Back
Top Bottom