The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Sneikz, is there any year model for the 125 thats better than the others for fitment, reliability etc? It will need to wait a month or two as I am replacing steering bars and ball joints on my other sloverland vehicle which is 1962 Series 2a landrover.

I dont know if you would know but do those Skyteam Canberra front engine mounts for 250 also fit the 125 with no issue? or are they different sizes?

6a5198005f89996859f07ae9498eb917.jpg

Box of goodies arrived today from OOracing.

Sent from my LG-H930 using DO THE TON mobile app

Just to say what goodies I got, new bars(need to wait till i get new grips to put them on) bar end mirrors, new plug, new performance coil, new CDI, new air filter to replace ugly air box, helmet hook and a new Speedo to replace stock gauge's.

Will be doing a some pics as I start the modding project for some of the stuff tomorrow.

Beelzebub said:
Hey guys does anyone know how to get this stupid kickstand switch removed if there's a guide to that, that would be brill.

On my 50 there is a plug you can unplug to disable the stand kill switch, you can ignore the on off switch thats something custom.

Attachments

• stand kill switch.jpg
    stand kill switch.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 357
Yeah I've tried to disconnect it but that didn't work, wouldn't start at all, then tried tricking it by putting some motor wire in the end but that didn't work and neither did my fuse idea

I lost my cool with the accursed side stand cut out..pulled the wires out of the side stand end in a none too sophisticated attack. I think I lashed the bare ends together under some heat shrink tubing and tucked them out of the way somewhere. Was a while ago so memory is a bit hazy, it was but a couple of moments work though.

Nearly went for a ride today but everywhere is so utterly poxy and manky at the moment-decided to have an enormous Sunday roast with a gallon of gravy at the pub down the road instead. Equally as enjoyable, just in a different way.

Keep smiling.

Richard.

i think ill have to leave the bloody thing as i cant figure it out at all.

All i wanna do is be able to start it and walk away while it warms up as the English winters require me to sit on it out in the cold for about 10 minutes

Hello all!
Long time reader, first time poster.
Just finished reading through all 265 pages of this wonderful forum and I have to say THANKYOU! All of your information, insporation and banter has been extremely helpful/entertaining. A huge thanks especially to Stroker Crazy and Orrible for really pushing the envelope.

I've had a red-framed Ace 125 for a few years now, and have been working on it on-and-off since. Just recently I've had a ton of drive to keep tinkering and riding the little jem.

Mods so far:
- OORacing header pipe
- Ebay shorty muffler (still too loud, going to change for reverse cone)
- OORacing ECU
- OORacing rear sproket
- Chinese Mikuni carb
- Michelin "Sporty" tyres
- NISSIN front brake master cylinder/lever from a Suzuki DR200
- Battery delete (old battery died, runs perfectly without it, decided it doesn't need one)
- NGK spark plug
- Renthal motorcross grips
- ebay tacho (has failed after jumping around everywhere, new one in the mail)
- Removed tank strap
- Removed rear fender
- Made a tail tidy to hold the standard tail light/numberplate bracket (went over a speed bump and it flexed far enough to get sucked into the back tyre... back to the drawing board)

Planned mods:
- bikini fairing
- new coil & lead
- steering dampner (my word these things are twitchy at speed)
- fork spring spacers/preloaders
- replace rear (useless and scary) suspension

The dream is for it to be a kind of homage to the original RC110, the CR110, the Dream 50, and to Honda's grand prix racing history in general.

A few questions...

Does anyone have a link for a steering damper for the Ace 125? Or a universal one that can be used?

Orrible, is there any chance I can get my hands on one of your performance cams? And are there any must-do mods to accomodate them? (I read somewhere valve springs from the 150 head and valve spring pre-tensioners?)

Thanks in advance :)

- Steve

Giday Steve.
My cam was hand ground and therefore unavailable but I have run a Brazilian cam with good results. Will dig up the part number but can’t help with a supplier. . Go with the heavier valve springs and shim them up anyway. . Most important mod is headwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, im looking to change the seat style on my ace to a brat seat (brown, leather) was wondering if anyone has tried buying the pre-made seats from ebay and fitting them on, or if there's a company that makes a size that fits the ace? most ebay ones seem a bit big. alternatively what would it take to make a seat?

cheers

You better tell a bit more. Where from, how much, mods required please. You can't just tease us like that!

Haha Speedo is the Koso gp style from ooracing, I think it was £175 and no modding required to fit since it a simple plug and play kit, just a bit of a fiddle to get all the wires in place but a few cable ties fixes that issue but it's lovely once it's all set up, for me much better than the standard

Here's a key mod. It now looks like just a chrome cap. No need to ever remove. The mod was originally for my M109, but as I had two caps I thought I'd do one for the Ace. Doesn't look too out of place. Maybe better with a smaller cap. Cost $22.
b69e8e170984817337643b6470dd9ffd.jpg
9080dee330fc5a1ecd826185edf4539c.jpg
1a35842916f4fa54408d3b2e156ea593.jpg
70a8a396e67aed7538ca76dbd2d132be.jpg
2e7637f8755ef554cbe978472026ff74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi guys. I am an chinese student study in Sydney. I also have a ace 125.I just know the website. I would like to share the website of the skyteam factory so that some guys may need it. You could order some factory parts from it. It is TAOBAO(like chinese ebay)

https://sacinmotor.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.40ce33ecpdmzIG&user_number_id=2044187802

Back
Top Bottom