Stream............liner !!!!!!!

dewjantim

duc in the park.....
Hey fellow up-tonners I have been busy of late with several projects. Did a sporty mild custom and an SV650 the first part of the summer. Bought a Ducati Paso and have been getting goodies for it along with a bunch of Ducati hot-rod parts out of my parts stash. While the Paso body work was at my painter I got bored and bought a Duc Monster and completely redid it. My painter has been busy so I am still waiting to jump into the Paso. A customer came down to the shop with a Sportster Evo for sale last week. Being a little short on funds I was not interested at first. We talked a little longer and I could see he really wanted some cash so I made him a low ball ($1000) offer for his running sporty. I could not believe that he took it. At first I was just going to flip it but saw a cool BMW liner on the net. I thought...... Hell, I want one of those. So the sporty is going to be turned into a streamliner..... complete with a 3/4 Dustbin fairing. Yep, I am getting one of those huge pointy dustbins after I said that I hated them several months ago. In the next few weeks I will be using my Sportster stash for the fuel tank, rear fender, and exhaust header. I have been going nuts the last several days getting more goodies from ebay and will call Dutch at Air-tech this week to see about ordering an MV Agusta dustbin fairing from the 1950's. I have the build pretty much finalized in my mind and am even going to try to paint it myself. I will try and get some pics up this week..... ;D ;D ;D Until them...... here is my inspiration.

Attachments

• P1040271(2).jpg
    P1040271(2).jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCF0127.jpg
    DSCF0127.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 397
  • DSCF0134.jpg
    DSCF0134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 387
  • 264375440597156845_CtndBFuB_b[1].jpg
    264375440597156845_CtndBFuB_b[1].jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,023
I chatted with Hoofhearted (Bill) today who runs bikes on the salt flats. He gave me some tips and the address of a site where I could calculate top speed at any specific RPM. I will be using a 23 tooth front sprocket with 46 rear which should give me a top end of about 140 @ 6500 RPM ...... if I can get enough HP out of the Evo motor. Most goodies have been ordered and pics will be posted as they come in. Tomorrow the bike will be measured to see if the MV fairing will fit. If it doesn't Air-tech sells a couple of larger ones which will fit. The engine should be finished in a couple weeks and I will dyno the bike before putting the fairing on it. Pics tomorrow..... I hope.

As promised here are a few pics of the Sporty as it sits right now. The first of my ordered parts came in today. I will post a few more pics of these goodies tomorrow (if it isn't to cold and dark when I get home). Anyhoo...... I am calling this bike, as it came, The Sons of AnnKrotchy sporty....... keep an eye out on this thread as I turn it into "Sally Streamliner Diva of Speed"........hahahahaha :p :p :p.

Attachments

• Photo11120932.jpg
    Photo11120932.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 363
  • Photo11120932_1.jpg
    Photo11120932_1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Photo11120932_2.jpg
    Photo11120932_2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Photo11120931.jpg
    Photo11120931.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 360
LOL...those bars are reedonkulous! Glad you're rescuing that bike! Love the streamliner idea. I'm in!

A sporty for $1000? Give it a tune up and shove it out the door. They sell for a minimum of $3000 in my area if they're running. That'll generate some funds for other projects.

Hooligan..... I think fugly is the word you are looking for. Think I will put them on ebay. Yep, original Sons of Anarchy handlebars used by Jax for two seasons..... only $150 !!!! Lonelywolf..... won't sell the Harley. I do have a nice SV650 for sale if you are interested. Got a couple more goodies in the mail today. Here are a few pics........

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 363
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 361
And here is my pal Frank who will be helping me. I told him he would be famous..... and now he is !!!!

Attachments

• Photo10021313.jpg
    Photo10021313.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo10021314.jpg
    Photo10021314.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo10021314_1.jpg
    Photo10021314_1.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo10021314_2.jpg
    Photo10021314_2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 359
If I had cash laying around I'd take the Harley but no on a SV650. Spent too much on an AR15 lately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Basic AR nothing fancy. I'm going to give it to the department's armorer for a few days. He says he has a scope and fore grip I can have and he'll modify it with a few tricks he knows. A little less than $700 out the door plus it comes with a rebate for 3 free 30rd magazines and a cleaning kit.

OK all you "go fast" fans this is my "liner" update for the week........ I got the rest of my short cables from my friends at eBay and should be putting the clubman bars on this week. Then a baseline dyno run will be taken before any engine work is done. UPS (my favorite Santa) delivered a set of race tires, a new nitrous system, tank decals (since I am to cheap for custom paint) and handlebar grips. Had a little chat with my painter this week and paid him for the work he is doing on my Paso. He is booked up till the first of the year so I have some time to save up cash to buy fairing before he does the paintwork for this bike. Anyway, here are a few pics of some of the goodies I got this week......

Attachments

• Streamliner Sporty 001.jpg
    Streamliner Sporty 001.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 363
  • Streamliner Sporty 006.jpg
    Streamliner Sporty 006.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 362
  • Streamliner Sporty 003.jpg
    Streamliner Sporty 003.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Streamliner Sporty 002.jpg
    Streamliner Sporty 002.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 365
Well......... haven't posted an update for a while. I work really slow when the weather is cold. Changed a few things around with my plans. Using a Corbin Warbird fairing along with the sporty tank, another cafe seat, no fenders. I am figuring out the nitrous setup now. Have purchased a couple of books and am just about finished with my research. I just need a controller, nitrous solenoid, a couple of switches, and a fuel pump to have all the nitrous parts. Going to try and install everything neatly behind the engine where it can't be seen, except the bottle which has to go on the frame. So far, I have removed all bodywork, even those nice bars, cleaned the frame, sandblasted the engine, put in new battery, new brake discs, painted the wheels and put the race tires on them. Bodywork is at my painter to get clear coat over the artwork. An artist friend of mine painted panels, rivets, and even our own pin-up girl (Stella Novella) on the side of the fairing. Under the artwork lies a base coat silver metallic paint making it look like the bodywork of an airplane. Here is the artistic computer rendering of the fairing. Will post pics of actual fairing, bodywork, and seat next week after I gather them from my painter. Should be finished with this project before Spring Thaw and am planning on bringing it there in May.......

Attachments

• Misc pics 002.jpg
    Misc pics 002.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 350
A very interesting project...and great looking paintwork. I would really like to see some 'work in progress' shots.
Helped a buddy do up an old B31 into something he hopes to take to Loring AFB this year, not a streamliner like this one, but I would really like to know how fast we can get the old bugger to go.

Here are a couple of more pics.........

Attachments

• Misc pics 010.jpg
    Misc pics 010.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 353
  • Misc pics 009.jpg
    Misc pics 009.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 336
I just scored this one also. Cost me a whole 650USD. I already have a set of Pantah tins to put on it along with wide wheels and tires.........

Attachments

• project+Duc-1.jpg
    project+Duc-1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 348
dewjantim said:
I just scored this one also. Cost me a whole 650USD. I already have a set of Pantah tins to put on it along with wide wheels and tires.........
Alright Dewey, you have just proven that life is not fair.

Back
Top Bottom