'83 CM450e brat tracker

you and me both. I have every part now aside from the throttle tube, but that should be here by the end of the week. so i have no excuse but to put the damn thing together... i still havnt painted my wheels but thats okay

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Did a bunch of work today. Still soooo much left. Like all the wiring hahaha. I know the headlight is sticking out way too much. I'll flip the brackets and move it back a hole tomorrow, see what that does.

dyjaja6y.jpg

Nice! It's starting to come together... I bet you feel pretty good about the progress.

'83 CM450e brat tracker

It was great to finally sit on it and see how it's going to feel! It is small but I find it surprisingly comfortable. I'll go put in a few more hours tomorrow

'83 CM450e brat tracker

They are emgo sport bike pegs. Turns out all jap bikes use a 3/8" peg pin so they all fit. I think the fronts were listed for a zx10 and the rears for an r6 hahaha. I may still change the fronts to dirt bike pegs though.

I moved the headlight down a bit and back one hole in the mounts. Looks much better. Now I'm just trying to sort out the wiring harness. I may just get sonreir to make me a cleaned up one.

Ran into a bit of a snag on the weekend... I came to the shop planning to have all the hard parts done. Reamed the swing arm out for the larger 20mm CB450 rear axle, then bolted the carbs on and set the tank back down annnnnnd this happened... having the bung moved forward 2", that way it drops down right next to the carb boots with plenty of room for the petcock.

1903373_10153826409325247_4341622_n1_zpsd1ebef7d.jpg

Ah that last post brings back memories haha. Let me know if you have any clearance issues with the coil under the tank, I think I have some spare brackets I made up to remount the coil and still keep it tucked.

That color combo is looking great.

it seems to just fit, with a bit of 'love' hahaha... I still plan on doing the GM coil mod, not sure if that will be better or worse clearance wise. I may PM you for some pics, and measurements though :)

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

uhuh... oops hahaha I replaced the floor in my truck so i've been away from the bikes for a bit!

annnywaaaaayyyy

had the pet cock tube on the tank moved, fits great now! I still dont have mount setup for the rear of the tank, have to figure that out and ill be lifting the rear just a touch to get some clearance underneath.

0981D8C8-8A55-428A-B15B-C61E6546C8E6_zpszq5dnnxi.jpg

Then i hacked at the harness for a bit, aside from the mess of black ill trim back as i hook everything up, I'm down to seven wires going to the front of the bike :) everything on the right is junk

2E25D635-E7A1-4251-8171-5AD2F9908D60_zps0opiffow.jpg

annnnnd then i took a picture, I just stuck the plate there with some tape. I hate this damn subframe, I should have just cut it off from the start... oh well.

D16A7136-BBDC-4E4B-A632-240DDA72880F_zpsq80ucp2f.jpg

D4N63R said:
uhuh... oops hahaha I replaced the floor in my truck so i've been away from the bikes for a bit!

annnywaaaaayyyy

had the pet cock tube on the tank moved, fits great now! I still dont have mount setup for the rear of the tank, have to figure that out and ill be lifting the rear just a touch to get some clearance underneath.

0981D8C8-8A55-428A-B15B-C61E6546C8E6_zpszq5dnnxi.jpg

Then i hacked at the harness for a bit, aside from the mess of black ill trim back as i hook everything up, I'm down to seven wires going to the front of the bike :) everything on the right is junk

2E25D635-E7A1-4251-8171-5AD2F9908D60_zps0opiffow.jpg

annnnnd then i took a picture, I just stuck the plate there with some tape. I hate this damn subframe, I should have just cut it off from the start... oh well.

D16A7136-BBDC-4E4B-A632-240DDA72880F_zpsq80ucp2f.jpg

If you don't like I would cut it now. It wont set you back that far.

Well I had to order a new throttle tube which puts me off by 3 weeks, so im really thinking of just chopping it off. the problem is to get it to the guy that would be welding the new section on I would have to tear the bike down again and take him just the frame.

Back
Top Bottom