1963 BSA DBD34 Gold star

I believe some of the Monza cap mounts are fixed with simple set screws as opposed to threading on.

Thank you El Sammo,
Yes I have been a little slack. But the new stainless guards didn't fit at all and I'm getting a set of chrome ones from British Only. Also the tank cap thread adapter is being machined as I speak/write.
The new rear guard supports are poorly finished as well. Oil tank and tool box are painted. I have purchased a single seat. That has to be modified to fit and be painted.
The new carb has to go on and the clip-ons S/S have just turned up. All new cables here too. Just need time to assemble really.
I have been replacing the valve springs in the Vincent engine. A timely procedure to get it right.
Thanks again
cheers
brt651

Hello Everyone,
Well, with much attention I have drilled and mounted the front guard and wheel.I have the clip ons sitting loose and I have purchased a Superleggera top plate. It was a blank and I've had a mate machine it. Unfortunately he has machined in the clamp/bolt on the stem hole. Doesn't matter really, But.
I've started to install the new cables. Though with using Amal lever assemblies I have to fit new nipples on the lever ends.
The next step will be marking out the rear guard and making it fit. I did buy some Stainless guards to suit this bike. But they weren't even close to installing. So I bought some chrome ones from British Only and they are the ones I'm fitting.
Well that's it till I get some more done.
Hope your all well.
Cheers
brt651

Attachments

• 100_4584.jpg
    100_4584.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_4586.jpg
    100_4586.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_4587.jpg
    100_4587.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 323
Hello,
Well this is where the bike unfortunately ends. My mate who owns it has decided not to complete it.
He would like to concentrate on the Vincent's instead. Don't blame him as it was my idea to do the Gold star while I was waiting for the Vincent parts to be machined and parts sourced. Well the parts are here to complete several of those bikes.
Bummer really as I was getting to the pointy end. The rear guard is mounted and the cables are ready to be modified. Also I have a new exhaust system. I didn't finish the tank or seat. Anyway I thought I'd just show some photo's of where I'm at. I'll fit the rear wheel and then it can share the sheet with his R1.
Thank you for looking.
Cheers
brt651
P.S. I might do a topic on the Vincent's when I get underway if I get enough interest when I get it started.

Attachments

• 100_4608.jpg
    100_4608.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 100_4609.jpg
    100_4609.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_4610.jpg
    100_4610.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_4611.jpg
    100_4611.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 322
Oh no, no, no, you gotta finish this bike. So close.

Hello Mr swan,
Yes I agree the bike needs to be finished. I have been doing stuff as I get spare spare time. I have had the gauges serviced. Bought a complete headlight assembly. I have made the front brake cable and have installed it. I bought three superleggera top plate's. Bought them as blanks and have had them machined. Why 3 ? why not.
With doing the Vincent I haven't had that much spare time. But I'll do what I can ,when I can. You could come over and help if you like?
Cheers
brt651

I have been looking for stuff for this bike and I have found the new carb he bought in 1974.
With the original docket. Funny that they didn't want it returned.
I'm having the Alloy tank polished as we speak.
The polisher restores bikes for others and himself. Here's some pic's incase you didn't see them on my Vincent restoration

Attachments

• Harley 1917  5.jpg
    Harley 1917 5.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Peashooter 1.jpg
    Peashooter 1.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Rudge 4.jpg
    Rudge 4.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 318
It's an old crappy AMAL and the float chamber isn't concentric. It's no use mate. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll swap it for a Mikuni. :)

Nice find there. ASMALA GP or GP2 with matchbox float. Sweet. Had one on my big fin DB32GS but I don't think mine was the matchbox though. GPs cost a little more than that today.....

You know teazer I'm a generous person too. But I just couldn't live with myself if I sent the carb to you and it was no good.
Cheers mate and thanks for looking
brt651

LOL. Great come back. Had me laughing out loud, and that's rare. Have a good one.

Hello All,
Well , due to popular demand ( actually my wife wants the bike out of the shed) I've started to keep assembling the BSA. I haven't told my mate as he is more interested in the Vincent's.
But here's where its at.
P.S. Hey Swanny , how did you get over 100,000 hits on your BSA rebuild? Did you have family members clicking on it all day? If so, are they available?
Cheers everyone.
brt651

Attachments

• Goldstar On the ground after 51 years.jpg
    Goldstar On the ground after 51 years.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Goldstar march 15.jpg
    Goldstar march 15.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Goldstar march 15 15.jpg
    Goldstar march 15 15.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 308
Ok then, I'll say it...."Oh yeah, that's it, don't stop! Oh God, don't stop!!!"

Looking great! Keep posting updates.

Between Do The Ton and Britbike.com forums there were 100,000 hits on my build threads. Unfortunately, a glitch on Britbike.com erased my entire build thread and comments. An archived version is available, but it it not the original.

Hello swan,
I'm getting there. I'm still waiting for the tank to be done. then the seat.
Cheers
brt651

Attachments

• Goldstar 5.jpg
    Goldstar 5.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Goldstar 6.jpg
    Goldstar 6.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 295
Back
Top Bottom