www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1980 SR250 Build, get Excited  (Read 4894 times)

Offline zap2504

Re: 1980 SR250 Build, get Excited
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2017, 16:45:38 »
I agree - very good job for 1st time. I assume you will also construct a separate seat pan (or platform) to pad and upholster that will attach to the seat. I also assume you will be trimming the front of the seat so that it exactly meets the rear arch of the tank (where the tank mounts to the frame) and not have so much overlap. Or maybe I just need to wait and see  ;D.

Offline monkeyinfantry

« Reply #31 on: Apr 05, 2017, 12:30:25 »
Thanks for the responses guys.

I will be constructing a separate seat cushion that will attach to the fiberglass seat pan, it will be made of plastic PVC sheet 1/8" thick, Ill be using a heat gun to form it, not sure if it will cover the front hump as well, then I will be gluing multiple layers of seat foam and taking it to an upholster to get it stitched and stapled.

For the front of the seat pan I dont think I'll be trimming it down since it wraps around the front and has a hole cut out for the rear gas tank tab, It's a little step-staggered but I should be able to get it closer to the tank than when I was mocking it because the plastic bubble wrap wont get in the way, not really sure at this point, I have to spend some time staring at it.

Anyone have advice for mounting this seat pan, should I fiberglass tabs into the seat pan for mounting to the frame, or should I drill holes in the seat pan?

More to come soon, I have the pieces of fiberglass cut out so I can beef it up from the inside, maybe even adding some bracing.

Offline 2Planks

« Reply #32 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:54:45 »
do you have a link to that tank? I am trying to salvage mine but i'm leaning towards buying a new one. also sick build man !!! thanks Hayden
"I'd take years off my life, before life off my years"