Mojo's Transformation

bluemetaldog said:
Tintin said:
Photobucket man, Photobucket. You're gonna lose your tailight. I mounted my 550's light below the seat and one good pothole ripped it off when the tire grabbed it.

i remember that ride...you nearly killed me with your smoky 550 ;) :D :-X

LOL.. yeah.. I remember that night to..LOL.. We all almost wiped out going up the BayView extension cuz we couldnt see a single thing infront of us but black smoke!!...LOL!!!

You'll note that with a bike burning oil etc. etc. I was still out in front :)

Tintin said:

umm yah.. weren't you trying to LEAD that ride??? :eek:

I need me a set of those narrow low euro-spec bars. Are they comfy for long hauls?

Tintin said:
I need me a set of those narrow low euro-spec bars. Are they comfy for long hauls?

Pretty good, and they look 10 times better than those cruiser bars the American spec bikes came with.

If you measured vertically the dimension from base of tail light to the tire...what would it be?

Doesnt look enough to me no matter what angle the photo is taken from. (Been there and done that with my Ducati - three times in fact. Surprising how much travel is in those suckers)

OK... you are ALL right... and I'm all wrong ::)

I looked at the bottom of the brake light and I don't think those tread marks are a good sign :-\

So... picked up some solid square aluminium stock form Home Depot and this weekend I'll build an elegant yet simple bracket to bring the lights back a few inches and up and inch. Should do the trick.

Mount a brake light on your license plate bracket and two aftermarket signal lights on the frame by the back of the seat.

Bike looks awesome. Good job, especially on the little details that set a good build appart.! ;D

.....G.....

SO now that I have a set of clip-ons coming... thought I would post the clubman pictures ;D

These are SO tight... the fairing mounts, calbes... its a wonder I got everything mounted, working AND comfortable!

The bike is SOOOO much nicer to ride now... handling is flickable! ...for a 400lb 30 year old and a 200lb 40 year old this is something :D

P1000256.JPG

P1000257.JPG

P1000258.JPG

P1000260.JPG

P1000261.JPG

Tintin said:

i know the feeling ,every time i get some where ppl say "i didnt know you were on a 2 stroke,untill i started breathing in all yur smoke."and they were behind me.all the way.

That's a really nice bike. I love the old BMWs, but had no idea they were that heavy. I take it all the weight is in the motor?

--Chris

chrisf said:
That's a really nice bike. I love the old BMWs, but had no idea they were that heavy. I take it all the weight is in the motor?

--Chris

Thanks Chris...

It's just the sum of the parts... nothing is made to be light on this bike... typically over-engineered German machine. I was struck by how much lighter the XS650 frame looked in comparison... almost weak looking.

Back
Top Bottom