Honda XL250 Motorsport 72 cafe brat

Just a couple of pics, tyres are on and rolling again. Getting the exhaust sorted soon. I like the look of the tyres. I'm sure some will disagree but I wanted to emphasise the tracker aspect of the bike by using the smaller front tyre. I could have gone to a 3.5x18 front but I like it. Anyway, new bars will have a slightly less aggressive bend and I'm thinking of running a 24" megaphone muffler straight from the header to the top end of the shocks. Still thinking......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 404
Looks good mate, a lot more clearance in the front end with that smaller rim.

Sheepinwolfs said:
Cafe racer........ What am I doing?
you would just turn it into a turd that is nowhere near as much fun to ride
go outside, stand in the middle of the street, hit yourself in the face with a brick over and over until the dumb goes away :)

Sheepinwolf;
Don't fret xb33bsa will tell you what he really thinks soon, he has to finish killing all the little furry rabbit babies first.

rundown said:
Sheepinwolf;
Don't fret xb33bsa will tell you what he really thinks soon, he has to finish killing all the little furry rabbit babies first.

Xb.who? That jackass filter I put on must be working. I didn't see any posts from him??

I can translate it for you. He said he thinks that this bike would be better suited to a tracker style build as it would handle much better and be more comfortable to ride.

Well at least that is what I made of it.

Do what you want, but I agree. These bikes are excellent all terrain bikes. As an owner of an XL, I can attest. They're also much more valuable as such.

I actually agree, this thing has tracker written all over it. Pair of Renthals, a decent seat, and a high mount exhaust and you're golden

Don't fret! I'm still moving down the tracker road. Deviant, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Renthal low rise bars and a high mount exhaust is where this thing is going. I had a look at your orange soda and that thing is looking sweet. Anyway, it is always interesting to hear from everyone. Trying to find a good muffler at the moment then it will be onto the seat. I don't think I will be going full tracker style with the duck tail as I really like the brat style seats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 354
if you're gonna be taking it anywhere with anything on the riding surface, i'd highly recommend a rear fender. didn't want one on mine either, but a few puddles changed my mind in a hurry, haha. and i ended up liking the look a lot better too! just one idiot's opinion though :)

7aliveatlast7 said:
if you're gonna be taking it anywhere with anything on the riding surface, i'd highly recommend a rear fender. didn't want one on mine either, but a few puddles changed my mind in a hurry, haha. and i ended up liking the look a lot better too! just one idiot's opinion though :)

Yeah, I ride a bicycle to work and no rear fender makes for interesting pants on wet days. I like the idea of the short alloy fender like the one above and on your KZ, which looks sweet by the way. What did you do to the tank to keep it bare metal? or is it an ongoing thing? I'm planning to leave mine as is but not sure about sealing it or just going jalopy style and a bit of WD40. Cheers for the advice.

Well, it's been a while. But in still working on this toy. Not much has happened since last pot but I'm back home now and things are moving forward. Current conundrum, seat to rank ratio? How long is too long? Is a gap at the front g2g? Anyway. Couple of pics and I'm back.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    905.6 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    901.1 KB · Views: 290
Shortened the loop and seat for a more balanced look

Attachments