1975 CL360 Build

It's all done! Now if only I could fire it up! I'm getting fuel, I can smell it in the cylinders. I see spark, BUT the spark looks pretty weak. Like you can't really see the spark in daylight. Should the spark be more intense?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 283
Usually, yeah. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you can't get the bike to run, though.

Sonreir said:
Usually, yeah. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you can't get the bike to run, though.

Any tips on getting it to start? Things that people maybe look over on accident?

First thing to do is to check ignition timing and compression. You'll need a strobe light and compression test if you don't already have them.

Next, pull the plugs and see if they're wet. They should be, so long as you've just kicked it over a few times.

After you've done those things, then you can worry about if the spark is strong enough or not.

I've had spark and the bike wouldn't fire up. The spark was sort of yellow, instead of big fat blue. Changed the CDI, got a big fat blue spark, and the bike fired right up on one kick.

As sonreir says, sorting the rest and of she doesn't fire, check the spark at last

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom