disc swap onto 77/78 CB750 front wheel

spotty

Vmax...why,yes i think i will
i seem to remember reading somewhere that the mounting hole spacing and offset are the same on stock CB discs and also CBR1000RR. obviously the CBR ones are going to be a whole lot bigger but thats not aa problem as i'm going to change to slightly later fork lowers so i can use real calipers (early 4 pot GSXR) with ally mounting plates and the GSXR m/cyl

if not, does anyone know of what modern ones (i.e LARGE) do fit onto a CB front wheel? i realise i could probably use stock ones drilled/grooved but if i'm going to do the calipers anyway i'd like to have modern 'buzzsaw' discs (see photo to the left of the same thing fitted on the Vmax with the GSXR calipers)to go with them

the GSXR calipers will get taken off the Vmax to use on the Honda and replaced with 6 pot Hayabusa calipers and m/cyl

ta for help, cheers

spotty

scour ebay for info from the chinese aftermarket brake rotors that fit the cbr (some of the auctions have in depth specifications listed, some dont). I did that for the 74mm and 78mm 6 bolt pattern rotors, as you can bolt the 78's directly onto Suzuki GS hubs and the 74mm 6 bolt pattern rotors can be redrilled to fit Suzuki GS hubs. I found a wealth of info on different rotors to use for various swaps, all from Honda CBR's, VFR's, etc. There were many that were not the 74 or 78mm 6 bolt PCD, so maybe one of those is what it takes for yours? I can't recall the bolt circle on the big CB's off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom