CX 500 project tracker starting to take shape

marcross1009

930646d8395c4a42e4d0d2270340f758.jpg

Its been a long snowy winter so forgive the trashed garage. Been working on this since about august or so, hope to have it done in next month or so. It is an 82 Honda cx500, I made my own fiberglass seat(which needs to be upholstered) paint is copper metallic, wrinkle black on motor and satin black on rest. More pics to come

Re: CX 500 project tracker starting to take shape

Not yet, I've got it all torn back apart now, making fiberglass battery box and tray under seat for electrical. I need to make longer headlight bracket so that they can point towards the road instead of sky. But I do have pic of rear tail light and signals set in back of seat

Not much progress, more like regress. I have been wiring bike up, I have the main electrical for the engine wired, and I put in an RFID key setup on it so I could do away with the key switch. And I have the main bus fuse block wired up for the lights and everything else, now I have to start wiring all that up, pics to follow of my wiring mess.

Re: CX 500 project tracker starting to take shape

Got mount sorted out for headlights today. Its ugly but works, I'll have to pretty it up later on.

Low beams

High beams

They are way bright, gonna have to figure out, I think I should be able to put a potentiometer (variable resistor) on them to knock the power down to them if not I think I will just get some window tint in varying darkness's and try them till you can still see with them but not blind everyone.

Thanks, I'm getting ready to rip the front forks off( there junked) and swap for a different set I got. Then try to get it done I'm getting tired of looking at it and want new project, so hopefully it'll b sold b4 long and I'll b onto my next project

Back
Top Bottom