1978 Yamaha XS 750 Triple Special beast

bombsightcycles

anybody ever seen one of these beasts? 960 pounds...heavy bike...worth anything? runs good...fired right up after sitting for YEARS...

Attachments

• bombsightnight.jpg
    bombsightnight.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 385
another shot...shaft drive...kick and electric...everything works...just wondering...ever been a cafe built out of these PIGS?

Attachments

• 1978 PIG.jpg
    1978 PIG.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 389
I looked one over when I was shopping. They weigh about 730 lbs stock so maybe yours has some gold hidden in the frame! :D

lots of these get built into cafes.....they are great bikes. 78 was points ignition, if you ever want to swap to the later electronic ignition I have some of the parts as spares.

I have 4 of these. used to be 5 but one was a non-titled donor for a titled bike I found left for dead.

They are heavy for sure. Dad bought one when I was 14 or 15 and let me ride it around the driveway. Good thing I was a stalky kid to hold the darned thing up.

wow..is there anything you guys don't know? as for the weight...I got that off the sticker...

Attachments

• PIG2.jpg
    PIG2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 380
The later 850 Specials are more like 255-260KG (580 ish pounds), wet. Expect the 750 may actually be a touch lighter as it came with a smaller (120 vs 130) rear tire and a little less chrome. Also had easier to tune Mikuni carbs. Box stock new ran right at 13 flat quarter miles. Not bad for a shafty. I've had my 1980 850 special daily rider for 8 years. Solid bike. Several cafe's on here- but most based on the standard.

I'm actually part way through a cafe build on one right now. It's a fun bike to ride and, given the tripe engine, are a bit of a collectors item by some.
21736ff016bc1671730467450038c561.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, tons of cafés built on these, im making a weird bronze bobber with apes and a fat sissy+bosozoku seat, just to stand out from the crowd you know ;)

wowbagger said:
I'm actually part way through a cafe build on one right now. It's a fun bike to ride and, given the tripe engine, are a bit of a collectors item by some.
21736ff016bc1671730467450038c561.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow...thanks...did not know anybody who ever had one until the guy offered it to me for $400

bombsightcycles said:
anybody ever seen one of these beasts? 960 pounds...heavy bike...worth anything? runs good...fired right up after sitting for YEARS...

Bomb site.the 960 is the GVWR that is what you can load the bike too, including weight of bike+Gear+riders = 960 Max. actual bike is closer to 5-600 lbs

Back
Top Bottom