www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: '73 CB350G take II: resto-mod - The 3-4-5  (Read 3930 times)

Offline dynamitedave

• dcclassiccycles.com
    • dcclassiccycles.com
Re: '73 CB350G take II: resto-mod - The 3-4-5
« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2017, 11:06:31 »
Can you please use the image uploader built into the website so we can actually see your pictures.
This is what we all see.

Offline Rimmy

« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2017, 18:22:41 »
dynamitedave, you can get an app for the browser you use that will make the pictures show up for all photobucket feeds. I use photobucket hotlink fix for chrome - available in the app store.

An update!

I've finally got the motor back in the frame and some other bits bolted on. I ended up laying the engine on its side and lowered the frame onto it, and to be honest I fumbled with it for about 15 minutes before it literally fell into place.  I still have no idea how to actually put the motor into these frames. I also rebuilt the swingarm with shiny new bronze bushings and it'll be a shame to cover them back up when my new dust seals arrive (only assembled for fitment at the moment). Also tapped a new M6 zerk to make it easier to lube with my grease gun.  I also got the exhaust mounted up with the hanger bracket to figure out just how far I have to bend it to get the mufflers to stop touching and to clear the shock.  Luckily, not far.

Offline Rimmy

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2018, 23:03:19 »
Got my wheels back from Buchanan. Excel Al rims with beautiful stainless spokes mated to the satin black powdercoated hubs with all balls sealed bearings! Front hub is CL450 with a 19" hoop. Rear is stock 18" from the CB350. Wrapped them all up in some Continental TKC70s. I also got the stem from the CB350 pressed out and into whatever 35mm fork clamps I'm using (can't remember if its 450 or 550...). I also have a new cog set from Rebel gears for my chain conversion to add, buuuuut it appears that I'm moving to Boston, so this project will probably be on hold until late spring/summer when I get the bike up from PA to New England.

wheels by J L, on Flickr