78' cb 750 sohc

stevewag

A new query concerning my 78' cb 750k. Refer to pics below. Is the order of reassembly for the forks -fork bottom, washer, seal, circlip? That is how the fiche shows it but want to confirm. Also, when I took apart I'm not fully sure what direction the washer faced -because it has 2 distinct sides- a flat side and a stepped side. Anyone know which side faces up?
In my haste to disassemble the forks I didn't take notice of which way the spring came out. The manual states that they are progressive and need to go in the way they came out but doesn't say if the tight end goes to the top or bottom. If anyone knows which way they go let me know.

Attachments

• PC090012.JPG
    PC090012.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 325
  • PC090013.JPG
    PC090013.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 345
  • PC090015.JPG
    PC090015.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 334
You might get more responses if you post in the 1-800-cafe help section. This is a build thread section.

Sorry but i havent disassembled those forks personally so I am not allowed to help.

Answers aquired from internet research of any kind are too often mocked and shunned here, otherwise i would go into some parts diagrams and get the answer for you, free of charge.

Machined side up... That's an experienced guess... But 50/50 shot so I'm at least half right :eek:

I am not ashamed to admit that I just did an internet search, which says the lip goes up. The internet may be wrong. I also have KZ750 forks on my CB750K, so that makes me a mutt with questionable knowledge on your forks. I could take the set that came off my bike apart to confirm, though. ;)

Pretty sure the lip goes up, as the flattish face fits snugly into the recess of the fork lower

put the lip up and reassembled. Nothing leaks, must be correct! When I looked closer, there is a tiny lip on the outer part of the ledge of the fork bottom where that washer goes. That lip (on the fork bottom) seems to sit under the slight arced edge of the non-lip side of washer- I just read that back to myself. If you can figure out what I just said you are a genious.

Back
Top Bottom