Tester Needed 6V to 12V converter

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Hey all,

We're getting ready to start selling a new product, but we'd like to run it through it's paces first.

The product is a 6V to 12V converter that will allow those of us with 6V bikes to run some 12V lights. The max wattage for the unit is 35W, so it may not handle a full conversion. It would be useful for going to 12V on just the signals, just the headlight, or the tail + brake and possibly the gauge lights, too.

If you have a running 6V bike and you want to swap over to 12V on one of the circuits, please let us know. We can include a new LED headlight for $55 if you don't have a particular system you want to change.

What we need from you is a basic knowledge of electrical systems (in order to complete the installation) and your bike needs to be running and see regulator use. We'd like you to run the unit for about a month and let us know if any problems occur.

Hit me up in this thread if you're able to help us out.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

I'd be interested in this-I'd like to go 12v on the headlight on my son's 1975 dt 175. Current light output is a joke. Bike runs fine-just took it out a week ago (roads have just thawed here). let me know what you think.

houlzhouse2 said:
I'd be interested in this-I'd like to go 12v on the headlight on my son's 1975 dt 175. Current light output is a joke. Bike runs fine-just took it out a week ago (roads have just thawed here). let me know what you think.

I've got two testers lined up already, but thanks for the interest. The product should be available for sale in the next month or so.

Awesome, I will be grabbing one of these for the BSA once it is moving.

Will there be a higher capacity model at some stage?

Brodie said:
Awesome, I will be grabbing one of these for the BSA once it is moving.

Will there be a higher capacity model at some stage?

Definitely looking into it.

Back
Top Bottom